smoked velveeta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
N, IOWA
got another 5 lbs cold smoking before it gets to warm to smoke this cheese.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 105
MMMmmmm......
That's about the only Cheese I never Smoked. Don't know why, because I love Velveeta Cheese!!
Be back to see the finish!

Bear
here is the finish to the 2 large bricks i did a week before thanksgiving, the 2nd pic is of what i have left of those two right beside the bacon candy photo thats well not up just yet, so ya know its current

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Will Squared
I never smoked a block of Velveeta, but I smoked mac and cheese with velveeta, using the recipe on the back of the cheese box and cherry pellets. It turned out excellent.

I never smoked a block of Velveeta, but I smoked mac and cheese with velveeta, using the recipe on the back of the cheese box and cherry pellets. It turned out excellent.
smoked MAC is great but having a brick of aged smoked velveeta is like gold
=

3 hrs , i think it needs a double smoke, im doing this now for next thanksgiving and Christmas

Attachments

• IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 92
what time/temp and type of smoke did you apply?
temp wise is below the melting point of this cheese 165-170 deg, using the pellet tray doesn't add very much heat, and i used a mix of hickory pecan for around 5 hrs and it was on the second rack down from the top rack that i had a piece of cardboard on to catch any drips off the top

LIKE. I like Velveeta in dishes and can see smoked stuff working well in things. Straight up it is too soft and fake-ish tasting to me. Just this year I've branched out into deli section cheeses instead of the prepackaged blocks. First run was Land O Lakes American Deli and while it is a processed cheese like Velveeta it is still firm and real tasting on its own. It is VERY creamy and has a long lingering flavor compared to block cheese.

I have never done velvetta either. however, on my last cheese smoke I bought block of processed horseradish cheddar (didn't read the label close enough). I was pretty pissed but it turned out to be the best cheese of that batch. I think I will always put a processed cheese in the mix from now on.

And I always do a block of cream cheese, too

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky