Smoked shrimp burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smkryng

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2017
I started with 2lbs of peeled and deveined shrimp. Rough chopped half and pulsed the other half in a food processor.
26DFD1A1-48EF-4456-BB10-32A814F8CB05.jpeg

Next I added 2 eggs, 1 1/3 cups unseasoned bread crumbs, 2 tblsp spicy brown horseradish mustard, 2tbls lemon juice, 1 tbls. Bamboo Chef Asian seasoning and about a tsp of red pepper flake.
ECC74D38-0608-4005-A703-0AA6613564B7.jpeg

Mixed thoroughly and rested in the fridge for 30 minutes.
B4454896-E692-4A39-B9F9-77AC47413C44.jpeg

While the shrimp rested I made an avocado mayo. 1/4 cup mayo, 2 avocados, 1 tblsp lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and a splash of hot sauce.
4BEAD6EE-241D-4A59-B83E-C5D0800B62BD.jpeg

Portioned the shrimp mix into 8 patties and placed on 2 very well oiled grill pans and on to the pit boss with competition blend pellets at 190 for 30 minutes.
4A7D3E4C-9C2F-42A0-9DC3-743DE4E5A55E.jpeg

After 30 minutes I used the GoGrill feature on my Savannah Stoker PID to crank the heat up. Added some frozen corn to the grill at this time (wanted fresh but the local store was wiped out). About the time I hit around 375 pit temp, I flipped the shrimp burgers and cooked for about 3 or 4 minutes longer to an IT of 160.
E8BAB26D-0EB7-475F-A39F-BDC7D945FE9D.jpeg

Threw some of the avocado mayo on a bun, dressed with some lettuce and tomato. Plated shot with a side of corn.
F62C6FF9-0059-4A83-A397-7BA4269E08A6.jpeg

since shrimp and ground beef are the same price I figured why not.
Yep I'm totally with you on this thought process! Ive done it more than a few times now! Great looking meal! I love shrimp anyway I can eat it. I sure would tear into one of those burgers!

Reactions: Smkryng
Yep I'm totally with you on this thought process! Ive done it more than a few times now! Great looking meal! I love shrimp anyway I can eat it. I sure would tear into one of those burgers!
Thanks! They turned out pretty good, I actually found very little info on smoked shrimp burgers anywhere so I modified a crab cake recipe and just kinda winged it.

Reactions: Sowsage
Nice! Never had a shrimp burger but like Sowsage Sowsage said I LOVE shrimp and am sure I would enjoy a burger made out of them! Added to the to do list they look delicious
Thanks! They turned out pretty good, I actually found very little info on smoked shrimp burgers anywhere so I modified a crab cake recipe and just kinda winged it.
And I love crab cakes as well!
!

That will work! That's profound, beef and shrimp are the same price. I'll take the shrimp as well...JJ

That will work! That's profound, beef and shrimp are the same price. I'll take the shrimp as well...JJ
Thanks! It’s insane that seafood is cheaper by the pound than beef. I bough crab leg clusters for 10 dollars a pound and ribeyes in our area are 15 dollars a pound!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky