Smoked Pork Shoulder and a Banging Breakfast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I've another Picnic Roast aka Pork Shoulder in the smoker.
Eight hours into the smoke, smoker temp is 230° and it looks like it'll be a 13-14 hour cook.
This'll be for lunch and dinner tomorrow, plus my work lunches for a couple of days.

About an Hour In

v1Tb46ih.jpg

8 Hours In

R2Ufg54h.jpg

Banging Breakfast!
Homemade Home Fries, Loaded with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
Soft as Silk Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
Biscuits with Sausages and Sausage Gravy

DOYzFwx.jpg

zso5heo.jpg

QPto7HM.jpg

Man thats a pretty butt! And that breakfast........:emoji_astonished:! Here I am, I cant eat all day for a test in the morning and torturing myself looking at all this great food! But a big ole breakfast will be in the works for after the test!

Jim

Reactions: chilerelleno
I love bbq for breakfast! The Better 9/10ths will take some of the leftover meat and make a hash and then cover it with a couple of fried cackleberries. Yum!

Dang John that is a good looking breakfast, and the butt looks like it's going top notch.

Point for sure
Chris

Now that's my kind of breakfast! Oh, and nice butt too!
Thanks Inda!
This may be TMI but, "I like my butt rubbed before breakfast" :emoji_laughing: :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :emoji_joy:
Like said above , You got some BUTT going on there, looks fantastic. And no I don't say that to all the butts I see, lol

And that breakfast.... :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: .. That would do today before I go out and shovel the yard.

David
LOL :emoji_smile:
Thanks David,
for all the laughs and compliments.
A breakfast like that will give ya the energy to stay warm and get the job done.
Dang, you posted the breakfast after the fact sure would have liked an invite. Pork shoulder looks good too.

Warren
Thanks Warren.
Man, I'm not sure you could've held your own in that feeding frenzy.
Breakfast invites require a Release of Liability Waiver, especially if the coffee hasn't gone around several times.
Man thats a pretty butt! And that breakfast........:emoji_astonished:! Here I am, I cant eat all day for a test in the morning and torturing myself looking at all this great food! But a big ole breakfast will be in the works for after the test!

Jim
Thanks Jim.
LMBO!
All this admiration for my Butt may go to my Head :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Hope your tests results were good, and you got yourself that banging big breakfast.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
!
All this admiration for my Butt may go to my Head :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Hope your tests results were good, and you got yourself that banging big breakfast.
Not as well as I hoped. Crohns is still pretty active. Gonna have to add ANOTHER pill in to the handful i already take. But I will say the Cracker Barrel Country Boy breakfast sure hit the spot. Not as well as yours would have, but it was dang good..or maybe it was the starvation making it good…:emoji_laughing::emoji_wink::emoji_wink:

Jim

• Sad
Another bangin' post!!!
Thank you sir!
I love bbq for breakfast! The Better 9/10ths will take some of the leftover meat and make a hash and then cover it with a couple of fried cackleberries. Yum!
Thanks!
Once in a Blue Moon I do a hash.
What I really like is a Machacado done with shredded beef or pork.
Combine with onions and peppers, some garlic and spices, crack a couple eggs on top.
Let the bottom get some crispiness while I cook some flour tortillas, and it's on.
0T6vuwr.jpg

Dang John that is a good looking breakfast, and the butt looks like it's going top notch.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!
Both were good eats fo'shur.
Good looking food there chile. Did you use a finishing sauce on the pulled pork?

Fred
Thanks a lot Fred!
Yes'sir, SoFlaQuers recipe is my go to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky