Smoked kufta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Unless you're Armenian you're probably asking yourself what the heck is a kufta?Without going into detail its basically a stuffed meatball stuffed with meat and spices.Been eating them my entire life.

After coming back from the local annual Armenian fest with a bunch of goodies including a bunch of kufta a thought occurred to me!What would they be like smoked?

This will be Sunday's pregame smoke.Will take pics and post tomorrow.

Minus the meat stuffing it sounds like a 1st cousin of the moink. Looking forward to your post.

Chris

Kufta is great skewered and Grilled, picking up some light smoke. I imagine they would be great smoked. Whether raw or reheating already cooked Kufta, 225° F to an IT of 160 will get them done...JJ

Kufta is great skewered and Grilled, picking up some light smoke. I imagine they would be great smoked. Whether raw or reheating already cooked Kufta, 225° F to an IT of 160 will get them done...JJ

Fresh jimmy.

These are fairly large,going to do just four.One really is enough for one,especially as an app.

I'm going to cook traditional,just in the smoker.Basically going to put them in a shallow bath of lamb broth so that most is exposed to get some smoke flavor.Some choreg on the side to mop up.

Looking forward to pictures and the result...JJ

I am planning on smoking kafta instead of kufta :) For real I have fell in love with Mediterranean chicken and lamb kafta. Thinking it might taste great with a mild smoke.

DSCN1027.JPG DSCN1028.JPG DSCN1030.JPG DSCN1031.JPG DSCN1032.JPG DSCN1033.JPG DSCN1034.JPG DSCN1035.JPG All fixed!

Last edited:
Reactions: chef jimmyj
If your using a computer just drag the photo over to the new thread or open reply. If they're on a phone sorry I can't off any suggestions.

If your using a computer just drag the photo over to the new thread or open reply. If they're on a phone sorry I can't off any suggestions.
I'm very low tech.Figured it out finally.

Not the best of pics.

Btw it was quite tasty.Not to smoky as the time in was about 2hrs and that I think made it.I'd do it again.

Looks good. I had my students make those as part of their International Cuisine class. Tasty stuff...JJ

Going to throw some lamajun on the grill later.Post game depression going on.

Great job...How about a recipe?...JJ

Recipe for both the kufta and lamajun are from the local vendors.They ain't coughing those up anytime soon...I've tried!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky