Serving ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
I am going to double smoke a ham for a family Christmas dinner. I am set on the precess for smoking the ham thanks to the great resources on here. There will be a sit down dinner then everyone will snack the rest of the afternoon and evening. After the initial slicing of the ham what's going to be the best way to keep the ham warm the rest of the day. This is my first ham I just don't get request for it for catering functions. Was thinking of putting it in a crock pot but what liquid would be best to add to it. Struggling to get my head wrapped around this one. Thanks in advance for any and all pieces of advice.

For double smoked ham. I inject the ham with dark brown sugar, brandy, and cloves. 1/2 cup brandy, 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, 1/8- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Warm mixture in microwave for 20 seconds, stir to dissolved sugar then inject into the ham. Smoke for 4-10 hours depending out the size of the ham. My family loves this.

If its sliced I would say to use a steamer pan, you can get a 4 hour or 6 hour heating depending on your sterno
If you use a full sized steamer pan, just use one sterno, try to keep the temp above 135°F for a safe holding temp.

If its sliced I would say to use a steamer pan, you can get a 4 hour or 6 hour heating depending on your sterno
If you use a full sized steamer pan, just use one sterno, try to keep the temp above 135°F for a safe holding temp.

This ^^^^, or you can grind it up in a food processor, add a little pickle juice, mayo and make a dip.

We do the crock thing on "warm" and liquid is usually just enough water to keep it from drying out. KISS. I prefer my ham solo but if you like it sweet, pineapple juice and cloves are what the in-laws do.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky