• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Saturday's Saffron Smoked Cuttlefish!

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
Hi Savory Smokers! And Happy Saturday!

Today brought more cuttlefish for me, albeit saffron enhanced, and so here is that thread...

I took the simple ingredients of: raw cuttlefish, some chopped raw tomato & raw elephant garlic, steamed brown & red rice, and some chopped collard greens, and soaked saffron threads....

I combined those things in a pan...

And then put that pan onto my MINI "thing," to smoke for 20 minutes...

And that cuttlefish was so soft, and the rice was all bubbly and warm, and the greens tasted smoky, and the garlic was fabulous...

At the table I added drizzled olive oil and then sprinkled some Fleur de Sel too. And it was sensational!!!!

OK then, here is a huge CHEERS, to all; and with very happy and very delicious great Saturday sentiments sent your way!!!!!!!! - Leah

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
You got it, Dirtsailor! As grabbing life by the tentacles, is my specialty! Smiles.

Hey, thanks very much for nice comments! It was really delicious.

Here's a big Cheers to your Saturday!!! Make it amazing!!!!! - Leah

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
lol.... I love this forum, just when you think you have seen it all somebody pulls out something like cuttlefish!

That looks fantastic, thanks for sharing!

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
Thank you David! And also JLRodriguez! Yes, I seem to have a penchant for some odd things, but delicious habits they do indeed make! Glad you enjoyed.

Cheers to you all, and to making this weekend sensational! - Leah

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
I do love squid, aqquired the taste on the east coast after having octopus in Spain. For some reason the Gulf Coast never embraced them, which is odd cause a coonass'll eat anything. When living in Texas that would all laugh at me cause they figured I could stay at the dock and eat the bait and they'd go fishing.

Nice presentation, excellant choices, must be delicious.

What smoke did you use? With the short duration you could no doubt use hard or soft smoke.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
Hi Foamheart and how magical that you could eat the bait when fishing! I love that! (And could do the same indeed)!

Thanks for nice words! This was gas, (it's just a little "MINI"), hot smoked, fairly high heat, with apple wood chips. Simple little arrangement but it tasted really wonderful!

Here's a fabulous wish toward your weekend! Cheers! - Leah

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011
Looks great . Nice,simple combination of good ingredients. Do you get a lot of cuttlefish where you are?

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
Hi Moikel! Thank you! Yes, lots of conch, cuttlefish, mussels, and bluefish too. Hard to find good game meats, although when able, I place a luscious order and thus ship those things in.

Here's a huge CHEERS to today! Make it amazing! - Leah

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 23, 2010
Keep it coming Leah!

Beautiful dish, and I'm sure delicious too.

Cheers to you!

Bill

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.