Saturday's Saffron Smoked Cuttlefish!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Hi Savory Smokers! And Happy Saturday!

Today brought more cuttlefish for me, albeit saffron enhanced, and so here is that thread...

I took the simple ingredients of: raw cuttlefish, some chopped raw tomato & raw elephant garlic, steamed brown & red rice, and some chopped collard greens, and soaked saffron threads....

I combined those things in a pan...

And then put that pan onto my MINI "thing," to smoke for 20 minutes...

And that cuttlefish was so soft, and the rice was all bubbly and warm, and the greens tasted smoky, and the garlic was fabulous...

At the table I added drizzled olive oil and then sprinkled some Fleur de Sel too. And it was sensational!!!!

OK then, here is a huge CHEERS, to all; and with very happy and very delicious great Saturday sentiments sent your way!!!!!!!! - Leah

You got it, Dirtsailor! As grabbing life by the tentacles, is my specialty! Smiles.

Hey, thanks very much for nice comments! It was really delicious.

Here's a big Cheers to your Saturday!!! Make it amazing!!!!! - Leah

lol.... I love this forum, just when you think you have seen it all somebody pulls out something like cuttlefish!

That looks fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Thank you David! And also JLRodriguez! Yes, I seem to have a penchant for some odd things, but delicious habits they do indeed make! Glad you enjoyed.

Cheers to you all, and to making this weekend sensational! - Leah

I do love squid, aqquired the taste on the east coast after having octopus in Spain. For some reason the Gulf Coast never embraced them, which is odd cause a coonass'll eat anything. When living in Texas that would all laugh at me cause they figured I could stay at the dock and eat the bait and they'd go fishing.

Nice presentation, excellant choices, must be delicious.

What smoke did you use? With the short duration you could no doubt use hard or soft smoke.

Hi Foamheart and how magical that you could eat the bait when fishing! I love that! (And could do the same indeed)!

Thanks for nice words! This was gas, (it's just a little "MINI"), hot smoked, fairly high heat, with apple wood chips. Simple little arrangement but it tasted really wonderful!

Here's a fabulous wish toward your weekend! Cheers! - Leah

Hi Moikel! Thank you! Yes, lots of conch, cuttlefish, mussels, and bluefish too. Hard to find good game meats, although when able, I place a luscious order and thus ship those things in.

Here's a huge CHEERS to today! Make it amazing! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky