Wings with Thai Peanut Satay

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Wings were on the menu tonight and I was in the mind frame of traditional wings with ranch and celery….. so here was my part of dinner…..
IMG_7579.jpeg

These were dressed with corn starch then some enhanced Jeff’s original rub and roasted in the Weber top rack @ 390 for about 40 min……

So as I was focused on the wings my wife said she was going to make a peanut satay for the boy and his wings……it didn’t register with me as to what she was making cause we were having wings……..

So the boy goes first to load up his plate and he drops his wings in a bowl and starts tossing them in the “peanut satay” and my eyes are like “what” am I seeing!!!!!
IMG_7580.jpeg

As he platted them my mind was blown…I mean a coconut peanut sauce and bbq wings…my mind says clash……so it did a little taste test and well it turns out it is a “THING”. So the ranch stayed in the fridge and a new THING has been born!!!!!

Served over sticky rice and topped with a soy garlic chili sauce the boy made up, GO, toasted seeds, and chopped parsley…..oh and of course you got to have celery with wings….
IMG_7581.jpeg

This is my wife’s peanut dressing salad!
IMG_7582.jpeg

And if coarse the satay money…..it’s a newly minted coin!!!!
IMG_7583.jpeg

This is a first for me and I’m still nearly speechless at the combination of flavors! I think I need to keep my head down while at the grill more often….

Looks fantastic and we love Asian flavors. There's a Thai restaurant not too far away and they serve it with hibachi grilled chicken skewers. That salad plate looks incredible, too. Good stuff...

Wings look perfect Civil, and the satay puts them over the top.

point for sure
Chris

I love the peanut butter spin on this. Tried a few in the past at some of the local wing joints but I've never done it at home.

Looks amazing. I usually don't do wings but thought I'd cook some for the game tonight. Wrong! I should've bought some earlier in the week. Only ones available yesterday was already flavored frozen ones.

Damn those wings look so good right now.
Much appreciated Chris!
Looks fantastic and we love Asian flavors. There's a Thai restaurant not too far away and they serve it with hibachi grilled chicken skewers. That salad plate looks incredible, too. Good stuff...
Many thanks GS! We love hibachi skewers as well. The closest Thai place for us is 70 mins away. Our current fave place is a 3 hour drive so we have to improvise!
The entire meal looks over the top great, well done Civil!

Dave
Thanks Dave!
Wings look perfect Civil, and the satay puts them over the top.

point for sure
Chris
Many thanks Chris! The satay sure transformed them to a gourmet meal for sure!
Sounds amazing and as usual plating is A++. Bookmarked to have in the future.
Thanks jcam! I will confess the boy was the lead dressing these! They are going to be a repeat at our house!

I love the peanut butter spin on this. Tried a few in the past at some of the local wing joints but I've never done it at home.
Many thanks mr w! We eat a lot is Thai that is peanut based but for what ever reason I haven’t tried wings like this……and thats saying something cause we like many varieties of food in the table!
That's a great new "thing" to discover for sure.
Thanks norm! And yes it’s always a great day for sure!
Those look absolutely delicious !!! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
Many thanks jax!
Looks amazing. I usually don't do wings but thought I'd cook some for the game tonight. Wrong! I should've bought some earlier in the week. Only ones available yesterday was already flavored frozen ones.
Thanks Jim! We get these at Costco 2.49/lb. The above cook was about $8.40 worth of wings. They are cryovac in 1.5 lb portions so perfect for freezing. We keep always keep 3-4 little packs in the freezer…

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Top notch smoke and the peanut satay sauce looks amazing!! Great job!
Thanks sumo! I have no idea what my wife put I the satay other than peanut butter and coconut milk but what ever the full parts of it was it was perfect for the wings!
Wow! That looks great!
Thanks hef!
Oh Hell Yeah!
Nothing there I don't like, and everything I do.
Wonderful looking plates, great pics and the food looks simply decadent.

Love the saucing the wings pic, I can almost taste the Satay Peanut sauce.
Thanks chiler! I do most my posts from my phone but looked at the saucing pic on the hi def computer screen today…..ok that made me hungry!
Wow! That’s a great looking plate.

Jim
Thanks Jim, much appreciated!
I'd crush everything there but that salad in particular looks really great. The freshness is coming though on my screen!
Many thanks CO! The salad is very refreshing! Just not something you get everyday either! It’s a nice change

Reactions: sumosmoke
OMG!! That is an Awesome looking dinner! Seconds would be going down for sure!!

OMG!! That is an Awesome looking dinner! Seconds would be going down for sure!!
Much appreciated Redi! Trust me there wasn't much conversation at dinner.... and limited after as well. Just quite smiles and nods!

Reactions: Redicans
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky