Wings with Thai Peanut Satay

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wings were on the menu tonight and I was in the mind frame of traditional wings with ranch and celery….. so here was my part of dinner…..
View attachment 688341
These were dressed with corn starch then some enhanced Jeff’s original rub and roasted in the Weber top rack @ 390 for about 40 min……

So as I was focused on the wings my wife said she was going to make a peanut satay for the boy and his wings……it didn’t register with me as to what she was making cause we were having wings……..

So the boy goes first to load up his plate and he drops his wings in a bowl and starts tossing them in the “peanut satay” and my eyes are like “what” am I seeing!!!!!
View attachment 688342
As he platted them my mind was blown…I mean a coconut peanut sauce and bbq wings…my mind says clash……so it did a little taste test and well it turns out it is a “THING”. So the ranch stayed in the fridge and a new THING has been born!!!!!

Served over sticky rice and topped with a soy garlic chili sauce the boy made up, GO, toasted seeds, and chopped parsley…..oh and of course you got to have celery with wings….
View attachment 688343
This is my wife’s peanut dressing salad!
View attachment 688344
And if coarse the satay money…..it’s a newly minted coin!!!!
View attachment 688345
This is a first for me and I’m still nearly speechless at the combination of flavors! I think I need to keep my head down while at the grill more often….
gotta bookmark this. While Mama i the Asian/wok expert here, anything she has made with peanut in it was delicious. Looks like a great pairing.

gotta bookmark this. While Mama i the Asian/wok expert here, anything she has made with peanut in it was delicious. Looks like a great pairing.
Thanks fx! if you happen to like peanut sauce it is a perfect combination! I was surprised at how well it went with the "standard" sweet bbq rub. But then thinking about a PBJ.... its a sweetness matched with peanut butter, so it now makes a whole bunch of sense in my mind now!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky