Quick loaf for supper .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Got back from vacation last Saturday . Put some chicken legs on the kettle , made some boxed sides , but realized I didn't have any bread in the house.
Grabbed the food processor and did the dump and spin 'til it pulls away clean . This works fantastic , especially on short notice .
Comes out really lite with great texture .
Second rise , cut a slit when I shaped the loaf .
20210621_173947.jpg
Baked in the oven at 375 til it temps about 190 / tap on bottom sounds hollow .
20210621_180529.jpg
Cool before slicing or you let all the moisture steam away .
So good .
20210621_182452.jpg
Mix , double rise , bake and clean up . Maybe 2 hours .

Thanks , I did a thread awhile back that shows the mixing part of this .
If you're interested .

Looks great!! Cutting the total time down to 2 hours is pretty darn good. It always takes me 4 hours.
Gary it's almost to easy . I push the rise a bit . Heat a stainless bowl and cover with a warm towel .
Thanks for looking .

Reactions: pc farmer
Nice work Rich, loaf looks perfect, Like! For the first time in years I had to resort to store-bought bread, just too dammed hot here to fire up the oven. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice work Rich, loaf looks perfect, Like! For the first time in years I had to resort to store-bought bread, just too dammed hot here to fire up the oven. RAY
Thanks Ray . I normally bake this in the 360 . Does a great job . Without putting out as much heat . Was in the 90's here last week . High humidity . Mid west summers can be brutal .

Nice looking loaf Rich, I'm imagining a hot slice with some butter. Ummmm

Point for sure
Chris

BTW: I'm betting the loaf I pinched off this morning didn't smell as good as your posted loaf did. :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks perfect! And 2 hours? Amazing!
Using the food processor really cuts down on the time . Maybe 15 minutes to get it mixed . Thanks for looking .
Nice looking loaf Rich, I'm imagining a hot slice with some butter.
Thanks Chris . It's good , and I'm with you on the warm with butter .
Get ya some Metamucil . Lol .
Nice looking loaf! You make it look way too easy!
Ryan , it really is an easy way to do a basic loaf or rolls .
Thanks bud .

I'm late to the party, Rich. That looks delicious! You definitely make it look too easy. I can almost smell it from here. Great work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky