Pulled Beef From SV Chucky (Round 2 Testing)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Pulled Beef From SV Chucky (Round 2 Testing)

So I have already made a few Chuckies that ended up like Fine Medium Rare Steaks, and I made one for pulled Beef at 165° for 30 hours. That one was Awesome, but I figured I should try the same 30 hours, but at 160°, instead of 165°.

Like the last one, I added a half a pack of “Beefy Onion” Soup to the Chucky in the Vac Pack. (Thanks Again “Chopsaw” for that Tip)
Then I Vacuum packed it, put it in the freezer for another day.

So that day has just come around!!
I filled and set my Sous Vide Supreme @ 160°, and put the 3+ pound roast in at 10 AM. Then the next day I removed the Chucky at 4 PM, and it pulled apart easily with two forks. I had the whole thing pulled in about 2 minutes.
I saved a cup of juices from the SV bag & separated the fat from it, to put back in the meat a little at a time if needed with each Sammy. This pulled Beef was already very juicy & Super Tender.

This Chucky was more moist than any I've ever had from a Smoker, and it wasn't overcooked like they often get from being in a Crockpot all day.

So the results of this test are as follows:
The one I did at 165° for 30 hours pulled Great, Tasted Great, and was very Moist & Tender.
So did the one I just did at 160° for 30 hours, but I believe the one done @ 165° pulled a little easier.
My future Chuckies for Pulled Beef will be done at 165° for 30 hours.

Hope you all like the Pics,

Bear

One 3 pound plus Chuck Roast Vac Packed with half a pack of Dry "Beefy Onion Soup":
IMG_2926.jpg

In the rack, ready for a 30 hour swim in my Sous Vide Supreme:
IMG_2927.jpg

Off we go @ 160°:
IMG_2928.jpg

Fresh out of SV:
IMG_2929.jpg

Pulling easily with two forks:
IMG_2932.jpg

All pulled & ready for Sammy making:
IMG_2933.jpg

Meat Juices after separating over night in Fridge:
IMG_2938.jpg

Only a thin sheet of fat from Beef Chucky, nothing like from a Pork Butt:
IMG_2939.jpg

My first Sammy of Pulled Beef, Frank's Hot Sauce, and Sauce:
IMG_2934.jpg

And some Hot AuJus for Dipping:
IMG_2935.jpg

My second Night's Supper begins with a slice of bread, Gravy, and a pile of pulled Beef:
IMG_2940.jpg

Finished with Gravy, Bread, and more Gravy. Roasted Reds & a Pickled Egg on the side:
IMG_2942.jpg

And for my Third Night's Supper, a "Super-Sammy" (Pulled Beef with Horsey Sauce on a roll, topped with American Cheese & Buckboard Bacon). Taters & Pickled Egg on the side:
IMG_2944.jpg

Dang, That is a Fantastic Looking Sandwich I was licking my screen !!!

Gary

All looks excellent Bear !
Wife was just talking the other nite of us maybe trying one for pulled beef beings she isn't the biggest fan of the 130's chuckys. Might have to give that a shot someday.

Looks great bear, do you make your own eggs, been a while since I've had those, now I got a hankering for them.

Another fine looking round of sammies bear, and one of my favorites.

Point for sure.
Chris

I’ve got a chuckie in the SV as I type. Gonna make sammies too. Like the looks of that bacon on the sammie. Have to do that! LIKE!

I smoked this chuckie first for about 3 hours with other chuckies that were for barbacoa. Pulled it and into the freezer for a couple weeks. It’s going for a 30 hour swim @ 160° now that I saw this post. I’ll report back tomorrow with my results.

Looks great bear, do you make your own eggs, been a while since I've had those, now I got a hankering for them.

Hi Jim!!
I cheat on my Pickled Eggs, but I love them!!
Mrs Bear buys Pickled Red Beets, sometimes from an Amish place.
Then after the Beets are all gone, we make some Hardboiled Eggs to replace the Beets with them.
The juice is usually good for a half dozen Eggs, 2 or 3 times, before it gets weak.
I like them better than the Beets that were in the jar originally!!

And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear. I did the 160 for 30 hours and we loved it. Next time I will try the 165 for 30 just to see.

Looks great Bearcarver

I bet you could make some great Italian roast beef sandwiches with that shredded beef too. I've made them in the crock pot. But will have to try them with my sous vide.

Nice job John!
That is a mighty fine looking pile of pulled beef!
And your sandwiches look delicious!
Al

Looks good . I've got one waiting to go in . Was gonna do 132 , but the pulled beef looks great . Hmmm,,,,,
I think I'll give 165 a try .

Dang, That is a Fantastic Looking Sandwich I was licking my screen !!!

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

All looks excellent Bear !
Wife was just talking the other nite of us maybe trying one for pulled beef beings she isn't the biggest fan of the 130's chuckys. Might have to give that a shot someday.

Thank You Rider!!
She'll love this--No Pink, but Plenty Tender!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear! I’ve been jonesing for some pulled beef.

I need to get back on the SV horse, been too long.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky