Pulled Beef From SV Chucky (Round 2 Testing)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Finally got a Reply box, but I don't know for how long, so I'm out of here while it seems to be working.

Oh--BTW---@#$%^&*()

Bear

I’ve got a chuckie in the SV as I type. Gonna make sammies too. Like the looks of that bacon on the sammie. Have to do that! LIKE!

I smoked this chuckie first for about 3 hours with other chuckies that were for barbacoa. Pulled it and into the freezer for a couple weeks. It’s going for a 30 hour swim @ 160° now that I saw this post. I’ll report back tomorrow with my results.

Thank You Coach!!
I'll be glad to hear how you like it !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear,
I really liked the chuckie. The smoke flavor from the 3 hour smoke held up in the SV and tasted great. The 30 hours at 160° made for a very tender and juicy beef.
9560F7E5-51B2-4A8F-AFEF-17D66916AC05.jpeg

Reactions: Bearcarver
Bear,
I really liked the chuckie. The smoke flavor from the 3 hour smoke held up in the SV and tasted great. The 30 hours at 160° made for a very tender and juicy beef.

That's Outstanding, Coach!!
I'm real glad you like it !!
Great Stuff!
Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear. I did the 160 for 30 hours and we loved it. Next time I will try the 165 for 30 just to see.

Thank You Adam!!
I found very little difference between 160° and 165°.
I just think the 165° pulled slightly Better. Both were Awesome!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bearcarver

I bet you could make some great Italian roast beef sandwiches with that shredded beef too. I've made them in the crock pot. But will have to try them with my sous vide.

Thank You!!
Yup--The SV doesn't overcook like a Crockpot can.

Bear

Nice job John!
That is a mighty fine looking pile of pulled beef!
And your sandwiches look delicious!
Al

Thank You Al !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good . I've got one waiting to go in . Was gonna do 132 , but the pulled beef looks great . Hmmm,,,,,
I think I'll give 165 a try .

Thank You Rich!!
AS much as I like a Med-Rare "Steak-Like" Chucky, I think I like the Pulled Beef from 30 hours @ 165° even more.
You won't be Sorry.

Bear

I think this needs to be my next sous vide project. Thanks for the posting!

Thank You Drew!!
You'll Love It !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Dang, Bear. Looks like I have to get one of those contraptions!

Thank You Disco!!
Definitely a Great Tool for your Tool Box!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear! I’ve been jonesing for some pulled beef.

I need to get back on the SV horse, been too long.

Thank You Xray!

Bear

I got hungry for a Sammie and remembered this thread! Chuck going in tonight at 165. Rolls, provolone cheese, and horseradish is waiting! Thanks Bear!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky