Pork Steak Help?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

carpetride

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 25, 2008
I need some advice on Pork Steak...my wife has laid down the law...for her being good humored about the new smoker I now have to cater her crop insurance meetings. The big draw around here is Pork Steak for farmer meetings, she would like ribs but I think it would be easier with the pork steak.

Ribs I know, so educate me on how to cook a pork steak so tender that you can cut it with a fork...

Wish I could help you. I don't think I've ever cooked a pork steak.
icon_sad.gif
Guess we'll learn together.

Check with davidmcg, he just did some on a recent thread.

if you talking of the same pork steaks i know they are cut from the front shoulder which means there is ample fat intermixed with the muscle for moist meat. depending on thickness of said steaks i would smoke low n slo for a couple hours, use your rub or seasoning of choice. and spritz with whatever you like. i would then go into a foil stage and add more spritz before closing up foil. ( hint apple and orange both go great with pork) after an hour or two in the foil smoke remove from foil and smoke until just long enuff to get outside texture to where you desire. i would guess this should leave you with fall apart pork steaks. havent done any yet on the smoker but have grilled them. you dont want them to dry out. a trial run should set you up for a good smoke... hope this helps a little as i havent actually done any pork steaks in smoker yet myself.

I cook my pork steaks the same way I cook my pork chops. I grill them over med/high heat and they turn out great.

Season them the way you would a pork chop. Maybe a little seasoned salt, maybe a little rub....maybe a little of both.

Pork steaks are cheap, so I'd do a practice run before the big day.

I agree with erain-and a finish over some direct heat won't hurt-I love pork bark.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky