Pork steak with grilled veg and potato on the Q, and puddin pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Pork steak with grilled veg and potato on the Q, and puddin pie

I cut some pork steak up as a couple folks here eat like birds and only want part of a big pork steak.

Cut up the peppers, onions and celery, let sit in some oil, spices and little brown sugar, same as the potatoes little oil with oregano pepper and salt

have of the pork in soya ( Mona's go to best flavour ) and the rest in Onion BBQ sauce

DSC_8125.JPG

DSC_8128.JPG DSC_8135.JPG

When the soya ones were done wrapped and on the top shelf while my sauce glazed up a bit

Same as the veg removed while still had a light crunch to they , ( gave them a nice spritz of white vinegar the last minute on the grill )

Traded pans for the potatoes after the veg left the room, so they could get a better crisp on the edges

DSC_8136.JPG

Was a nice meal, and the veg and potato were great

DSC_8137.JPG

Here you go Robert tx smoker tx smoker and Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_sunglasses:

DSC_8138.JPG

After 2 plates of this , I bearly had room for 2 slices of cold puddin pie

I had a choc, graham crumb pie shell, mixed butterscotch pudding and drained fruit cocktail topped with whipped cream
sorry about messy plate, it was the second slice

DSC_8139.JPG
DSC_8141.JPG

DSC_8142.JPG

Thats all folks, hope everyone had a great Saturday

Thanks for following to the end, I have a chicken brining I have to go take care of .

David

All looks good David! Nice closeup shot , a fan of those too! I almost bought some pork steaks yesterday now I wish I had!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks like a lot of work, but well worth it. Nicely done!
I have one of those pans you put the veggies in. They are perfect for that.
Love the butterscotch pudding pie.

Wow David, another culinary masterpiece. That final plated shot is drool worthy. Lots of great colors and some beautifully prepared food. Very nice my friend and thanks for the close up. Some of us just kinda like those :emoji_laughing:

Robert

All looks good David! Nice closeup shot , a fan of those too! I almost bought some pork steaks yesterday now I wish I had!

Thanks Jeff for the like and the comment

Not a bad meal from the BBQ, I love the pork steak,
They cook quick, just wish they would cut a little thicker

Love a good close-up shots , you always have some very cool ones , very drool worthy

David

Looks like a lot of work, but well worth it. Nicely done!
I have one of those pans you put the veggies in. They are perfect for that.
Love the butterscotch pudding pie.

Thanks Bruce for the like and the comment

Not really a lot of work, I really enjoy it .
And yes very worth it, love a good tender pork steak, and I have 2 of those pans,
but one is missing around here somewhere so had to use the wire one until the veg were finished their turn over the flames.

And the puddin pie was a nice cool treat

David

Reactions: 02ebz06
Wow David, another culinary masterpiece. That final plated shot is drool worthy. Lots of great colors and some beautifully prepared food. Very nice my friend and thanks for the close up. Some of us just kinda like those :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thank you Robert for the like and the comment

You are too kind on just a regular quick meal on the Q, but yes it was drool worthy

Always welcome for the close up, it is a thing with a few of us for sure.

David

David that is some mighty fine grub! Nice grill work as well! Looks like you are practicing for the “anything goes” TD….lol!

Last edited:
David that is some might fine grub! Nice grill work as well! Looks like you are practicing for the “anything goes” TD….lol!

Thanks for the comment

Yes always a nice meal with pork steak on the Q

As for the throwdown , "Anything Goes " , I am collecting as many grasshoppers as I can for that ,
as not a lot of meat on the drumsticks , so I need n quite a few.

David

Oh man that is a great looking meal!!!!! And no apology needed for the messy plate on the pie. I bet you licked it clean after the second piece....Or am I the only one that does that?

Jim

Great Caesars ghost David. That's an excellent looking meal. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

After you smoke the grasshoppers are you gonna coat them in chocolate?

1692629615029.png

I'm thinking the neighborhood was smelling real good around your place.
Your quite the cook, David. Love your posts.

Oh man that is a great looking meal!!!!! And no apology needed for the messy plate on the pie. I bet you licked it clean after the second piece....Or am I the only one that does that?

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

It was a good quick meal from the Q, and about the plate of pie.
No, I am guilty also, so you are not the only plate licker, :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: around these parts. :emoji_laughing::emoji_sunglasses:

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Great Caesars ghost David. That's an excellent looking meal. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

After you smoke the grasshoppers are you gonna coat them in chocolate?

View attachment 674182

Thanks Chris for the like and he comment

It was a very tasty and quick work on the Q , everyone was very happy

As for the coated smoked hoppers
Half in white and other half in milk chocolate, just to please everyone

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky