Pork Belly Burnt Ends with Q View! Mostly Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Misplaced Nebraskan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2018
Austin, TX
full

Merry X-Mas Eve Y'all!

Got invited to a friend's family shindig tonight so I figured I'd supply some PBBEs. Who doesn't love PBBEs?! Anyways, here are some pics and basic steps I did but this is mostly a visual trip today.

Cook Details:

Date: 12/23/19
Meat: Pork Belly
Rub: Pitfaced On Point
Cooker: Pitts & Spitts Maverick 1250
Pellets: B&B Post Oak in the hopper and Lumberjack Apple in the smoke tube
Temp: from 235°F-250°F
Spritz or Spray: Let them ride
Cook Time: 3.5 Hours
Glaze: Butter, Honey, Brown Sugar, Tiger Sauce

full

full

full

full

full

full

For you Bearcarver Bearcarver

:emoji_wink:

full

full

full

Cheers Y'all and Happy Holidays!

Next time I have a family shindig you are invited for sure!

I agree!! The thing is that Zach lives close enough that we're damn near neighbors. Based on the age disparity I think I'm gonna have to adopt him so I can b become family...especially if Kay is gonna be my DIL :emoji_laughing: Talk about a package deal, I get PBBE's and the world's best deviled eggs!!

Excellent job Zach. those look absolutely beautiful. Hopefully you'll be making them for the next Cen Tex event.

Found my long lost son alas :emoji_astonished:
Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
I agree!! The thing is that Zach lives close enough that we're damn near neighbors. Based on the age disparity I think I'm gonna have to adopt him so I can b become family...especially if Kay is gonna be my DIL :emoji_laughing: Talk about a package deal, I get PBBE's and the world's best deviled eggs!!

Excellent job Zach. those look absolutely beautiful. Hopefully you'll be making them for the next Cen Tex event.

Found my long lost son alas :emoji_astonished:
Robert

I think there is some overdue allowances and possibly chores on my end then... :emoji_laughing: The eggs are made too just not pictured :emoji_thumbsup:. It usually goes that the wife is adopted and I'm the baggage. My dad said he only used me to get her as a DIL haha.

But I'm in either way! hope you have a great week!

Gotta go! Wife is hollering lol.

Looks Great, Zach!!
I like a nice close-up, like I used to say with a BearView I like to feel like I'm walking around inside the meat & looking around---Yes I always wipe my feet.
BTW: If Robert's gonna adopt you, do you need a Spare Grandpop???
Like.

Bear

Last edited:
Looks Great, Zach!!
I like a nice close-up, like I used to say with a BearView I like to feel like I'm waking around inside the meat & looking around---Yes I always wipe my feet.
BTW: If Robert's gonna adopt you, do you need a Spare Grandpop???
Like.

Bear
I learned a looong time ago in my lurking days that bear view was where it was at!

I'm all for expanding the family too! So many good people on here. No exclusions. Welcome! :emoji_grin:

Fantastic looking PBBEs Zach. I've been living vicariously thru other members threads these days. As the weather here isn't conducive to smoking. Thanks for helping me in my journey.

Point for sure
Chris

Edit: I forgot congratulation on the new OTBS tag. Well deserved.

Echoing Chris, congrats on the OTBS recognition AND for the carousel ride. Very much deserved on both counts. When I read this post yesterday I was wondering "why is this not on the carousel?". I guess I was just a few minutes ahead of the mods :emoji_astonished:

Proud for my friend,
Robert

Fantastic looking PBBEs Zach. I've been living vicariously thru other members threads these days. As the weather here isn't conducive to smoking. Thanks for helping me in my journey.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! Let me know what else you want cooked and I'll do my best to oblige :emoji_laughing:

And thank you on the OTBS. Honored and Humbled for sure!

Awesome looking burnt ends!
Makes me want to thaw out a chunk of pork belly!
Al

Thanks Al! Can't really ever go wrong with pork belly. They did go fast last night and we showed up after everyone ate! :emoji_laughing:

Echoing Chris, congrats on the OTBS recognition AND for the carousel ride. Very much deserved on both counts. When I read this post yesterday I was wondering "why is this not on the carousel?". I guess I was just a few minutes ahead of the mods :emoji_astonished:

Proud for my friend,
Robert

Thank you Robert! I figured that close up plated shot gave me a chance :emoji_sunglasses: The wife was poking fun a lot at me for playing with my food too much again haha.

Congrats to you as well on the OTBS!!! Very happy happy for you and everyone selected!

Man those make my mouth water. PBBE are one of my favs and yours look world class!!

Thank you and congrats to you as well!

Reactions: jcam222
Wow Zach those look phenomenal! Your photos are damn near professional too! That belongs in a magazine.

I’ve never done Pbbe’s or even cooked pork belly before since I’m worried about a chewy texture. Just bacon. But I do have 2 cut and trimmed bellies in my freezer, so I just may need to shut up and do it.

Oh, I’m up for adoption too!

Like!

Wow Zach those look phenomenal! Your photos are damn near professional too! That belongs in a magazine.

I’ve never done Pbbe’s or even cooked pork belly before since I’m worried about a chewy texture. Just bacon. But I do have 2 cut and trimmed bellies in my freezer, so I just may need to shut up and do it.

Oh, I’m up for adoption too!

Like!
Thanks XRay. I'm trying to up my photo game. Gotta eat through pics on here haha. PBBEs if you render them enough shouldn't be chewy. Should have really soft rendered fat and some texture to the meat. Mine are always a bit darker because I do them at a lower temp and for longer to really render them. Adding the glaze the do look "burnt" sometimes but they do not have that flavor.

If you have the bellies, I'd recommend cutting a small chunk off to experiment with to see if you want to dedicate more to it. I along with many others will obviously be around for pointers if needed. :emoji_thumbsup:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky