Official SMF 1st Member Gathering Poll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Are you interested in attending the 1st get together of the Smoking Meat Forums?

• Yes, if at all possible I will be there and the plans sound good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like to attend, but without some changes I don't think it would be possible. (Remember, we c

• Heck no I'm not coming to the SMF Gathering. Have you guys inhaled to much smoke?

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would really love to be there but that weekend and the last weekend in June I've already have commitments too. Mrs. Dutch told me noway in heck will I be away from home on Father's Day.

You guys are doing a great job getting the ball rolling on this thing.

This post will be an "Announcement" for the next 14 days.

A little too far and I am all ready committed to another event that same weekend. My calendar is getting real full already for this year.

That is one problem doing competitions, I try to plan my year a year in advance, but a lot of places do not list stuff until a few months in advance.

Bill

Hey, gang!

Oh, how I do hate to pass up a good time with great folks! Wish I could join the gang but time and distance sorta trump me. Getting the farm going so I can retire again takes top billing during the good weather months. I will join you in spirit, though!
Cheers!

Hello everyone and hope you are having a great start to '07! I think that my hubby and I are going to attempt to make the journey west to join our brothers and sisters in smoke- yeaaaa!
Buzzard, I love the Idea of having your own place to hold a gathering of this sort and mabey at some point in the future the hubby and I can oblige!! Right now, the 'vacation spot' is still under construction but I would be interested to see how many of our group could travel to the SW mountains of Virginia? There are lots of campgrounds in the area as well as hotels so lodging shouldn't be to difficult.
Anyway, this is just a sounding board and would love to hear from ya and get any ideas or info. :D ! Look forward to June!!! Enjoy your smoke!! Daun

Super great deal Daun! Glad you and the hubby are planning on the trip, hope all holds together and you two can make it. Gonna be a great time. See ya in June

Keep Smokin

We've been fortunate enough to buy about 50 acres that back up to the Natn'l forest :D :D ! Plan on retiring there and are going to begin our annual chili cook there this Aug. ( have been doing the chili thing since we met but are moving the locale ). We've always wanted a site where everyone could gather in a safe environment and now we do :D ( still lots of work to be done though ).
On a differen't note, this is the best site and we sooooo look forward to seeing everyone who can make it in June. Mabey we can set up a live feed/link for those who can't?? Not the tekkie in my family but just came to me :D . Would be nice to have a live feed from " Smokefest '07 " :D :D ! Enjoy your smoke! Daun

I'd love to come.....however it's just too far away for me to be able to do so.....guess I'm just not worthy enough :( oh well...... I must add that on another forum that deals with another great love of my life (being a guitar player and all) we have done similar things and others managed to try to coordinate similar events across the states as well..... but for this one, guess I'll just have to fire up my smoker on that weekend and be there in the thin blue smoke spirit! :)

smoked, you're always worthy enough. Distance is a big road block when you're a workin stiff. We'll be thinking of all who couldn't make it. And by all means fire that smoker up!

Keep Smokin

Is there an objection to making the t-shirt available to those who don't attend? There is no way we (my family) could make the trip but I love the idea and concept as well as this site. The military does not permit my schedule to be flexible right now.

crawdaddy, I don't see a problem with that at all.

Buzz, have you been able to get someone to screen print the tees? If so we will need to know how much lead time you need so we can get the slogan decided on.. only 4 1/2 months left and lots to get done. You can PM me with details and any costs if you'd like.

Joe

Hey Buzz, I like the OTBS logo. Can the rest of us use it?
Guy's be sure to let me know what I can do from this end. My years as a Teamster shop steward has made me a pretty darn good organizer.
Has a slogan been decided on? If not, maybe you should take the best one's and have a poll to get the winner. And maybe the wining slogan should receive a free t-shirt rather they attend or not. And on that note; make sure those shirts come in BIG sizes as I am a BIG man.

"Smokefest 07"

Sounds like a concert, but I like it.

Anything I can do to help out, just let me know.

Sorry, the Smokefest '07 just came to me :oops: . Even though it may be cheezy, I think it fits. Please keep me updated on the latest :D so we can reserve our spot and look forward to the June gathering!! Daun

Gunny - The OTBS symbol you like can be found by clicking the "Ranks" link in the Board navigation area to the left.

The slogan has not been decided upon yet. I / we will post a poll in mid February after everyone has had their chance for fame.

I've already laid out the offer to send out a free shirt to the person who gives up the slogan that is chosen. That is under the Topic "1st Annual SMF Gathering Slogan"

I'm onboard with the big guy shirts. We'll do the best we can to get em.

As for someone with organizational skills - pack em up and bring em on. Any help and / or suggestions for the weekend are welcome.

I see this as a forum wide event and any member can be a part of the planning, whether they attend or not.

Keep Smokin

Good post Pigcicles! We look forward to helping in any supportve role that we can since we're newbies to the smoking arts :) ! Love the idea of a logo run-off for the t-shirts and am excited to see the entries!!! Daun

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky