Official SMF 1st Member Gathering Poll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Are you interested in attending the 1st get together of the Smoking Meat Forums?

• Yes, if at all possible I will be there and the plans sound good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like to attend, but without some changes I don't think it would be possible. (Remember, we c

• Heck no I'm not coming to the SMF Gathering. Have you guys inhaled to much smoke?

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is anyone interested in making it a long weekend? We may do that due to the distance from home and to explore the area since I've only been out that far west on a plane :).
Another question, do any of these campgrounds allow pets? We will be bringing our dog Eli (in my avatar) with us :D . He's great and only dangerous if you've eaten food in the last 3 hours :lol:
wink.gif
!

Is anyone interested in making it a long weekend? We may do that due to the distance from home and to explore the area since I've only been out that far west on a plane :).
Another question, do any of these campgrounds allow pets? We will be bringing our dog Eli (in my avatar) with us :D . He's great and only dangerous if you've eaten food in the last 3 hours :lol:
wink.gif
!

Eli should be fine. I will most likely be on vacation around this weekend as well. Several of us could probably extend the event. We would only have to decide before or after the appointed weekend.

As Tony the Tiger would say... That's GRREAAT! We are open to suggestions but extending the weekend ( into Mon./Tue.)would probably be better for us due to travel time/distance. Either way, we'll try to be as flexable as possible. Look forward to meeting those who can make it and send condolences to those who can't! Everyone will be there ' In the thin blue smoke ' of the event :D ! Daun

Daun, I'm not sure what my work schedule will be around that time. You wouldn't believe how much my schedule is bouncing right now. I will take a few days vacation if need be, can't promise much after that. I'll know more when I get closer to June cuz I'm all about trying to find a way to get away from stress. Keep up the good enthusiasm about the trip.

Keep Smokin

That's cool PC. We just figured that if we're going to haul the RV out there, it would be cool to spend at least and extra day there- no pressure :) !
Another (real no-brainer) question is who is planning on bringing their smokers and,
2. What day does everyone want to concentrate on for the smokefest
and/or...
3. Who wants to travel to the nearby competiton vs. actively smoking
at the campground?
4. And, how can we help out since we have a limited
smoking apparatus :oops: .

Not trying to sound pushy or get ahead of myself, but thought these were good ideas to begin swirling around in the TBS. Thanks, Daun

Daun, glad to see the TBS swirling with Q & A

1) As for who will bring their smoker, I'll load mine up and will try to get the small charcoal grill along with the give-away smoker, tent, coolers, clothes, and what ever else my poor Ranger will allow me to hold. I'm sure there will be one or two more just show up.

2) What Day?... umm maybe every day or what ever day(s) is open

3) I believe there a some who intend to go to the comp. in Sedalia since they are that close. I don't mind hanging out with the smoker if it's cooking, if not I'm game to go too. Easy spirit

4) You can help out by bringing the hubby, eli (gooood puppy, want some meat?), and your bubbly spirit. Everything else is optional.

Keep that [fade:9182892189]TBS[/fade:9182892189] swirling and keep us on our toes. Really I haven't gotten with UltraMag lately since we are still a little early to make definite rock solid plans. When the time comes a little closer, we'll change gears on it. Then you will see more posts.

Keep Smokin

Pretty much ditto for all PigCicles answers. Especially number 2. I bet being hungry won't be a concern.

Gunslinger don't know it yet but I've seen on the boards that he is making some fine B&G with Dutch's Cowboy Gravy recipe for Church breakfasts. Surely the Gunslinger will cook us breakfast one morning if we ask nice.

just to let you know...daun has really been trying to convince me to pack my guitars and come out for the fest.......unfortunatly for me it's a bad time and way way way way far away from the seattle area
wink.gif
so I still plan on just firing up the ol masterbuilt unit and being with you guy's in the thin blue smoke spirit!!!! (oh yea, might even play guitar a bit, and maybe, just maybe re-start brewing beer as well :twisted: )

we will have to share some recipies, smoked, i too was contiplating starting to brew again. i remember how fun it was. then you have the section on smoked brewed beer, i have to attempt it at least. i have a couple of good recipies, as i had only done about 4-5 brews before i started moving around a bit and did not have time.

I plan to bring my smoker for sure. Hopefully I can get some kind of finish on it by then. I'd hate to pull up beside all those fancy units with my old water tank.
Breakfast? What, no McDonalds in town? If I'm doin' breakfast, I'd better remember to bring the food poisoning waiver forms. :lol:
If someone is bringing guitars I'd like to enter my request for bluegrass only. I just can't think any music that goes better with smokin'.

Glad to have you aboard fuzzynavel. Don't forget to stop by the Roll Call topic so everyone can give you a big SMF welcome.

Yep Ladies and Gents.. yet another MOFO to join the ranks, we're building steam.

I don't know if I am bringing a smoker or not. I think my pitmaster might be too big, but surely I could bring a weber grill and get something cookin.

We should have a buffet style dinner where everyone can try each other's cookin, maybe on the saturday evening. We might want to figure out who is cooking what ahead of time so we don't end up with a gazillion pounds of pork shoulder or whatever. Maybe some folks that won't be able to bring their cookers could bring a side dish from home, or paper plates, napkins, etc.

I'm going to throw out a suggestion here. I am on another forum, and have offered to have a get together here. There are so far only a couple of them that have said they would attend.

If I open it up here, any one interested in coming to that one, and just meet and greet time. The park I am looking at can handle 30-50 at the pavilion. It would only be a Saturday event, so it would be limited cooking. I have suggested maybe cook it ahead of time, freeze, and have thawed when arriving and warm up to eat. There are all kinds of places there to have fun. Ballfields, walking trails, etc., or just sit and chew the fat so to speak.

Let me know what ya think.

Bill

mrgrumpy that sounds like a great idea. Maybe there are some that are close enough to make a day trip and have some good food and get in some quality "fat chewing" time. Best Wishes to you and all who can attend.

Keep Smokin

I confess I have been real lax in my recent visits to SMF. With this event only a few hours away it would be soooo cool to get there, but June is our busiest time of year as far as horse showing goes so I will not be making the trip to meet you all. Fall is a good time for me and that seems to be when I get the most time for smoking, other than when I'm cooking for our little group that camps out at the horse shows. I hope someone takes lots of pictures to post on the forum and Jeff's site so we can all see what we missed.

Mrgrumpy, your suggestion sounds great and If (God forbid :shock: ) that we can't make it to MO we might be able to come to your event. We're really looking forward to the trip but you never know what fate has in store... Daun

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky