Official SMF 1st Member Gathering Poll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Are you interested in attending the 1st get together of the Smoking Meat Forums?

• Yes, if at all possible I will be there and the plans sound good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like to attend, but without some changes I don't think it would be possible. (Remember, we c

• Heck no I'm not coming to the SMF Gathering. Have you guys inhaled to much smoke?

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Has it been determined exactly which location it will be?

I can not say how excited I am to meet you folks face to face.

I do believe that if there are shirts available I would have to get a couple because I will wear the thing out.

As a suggestions how about we plaster the back of the shirt with all the slogans we came up with.

Not an exact location yet Cheech unless I don't know something. I have been out of pocket most of this week so I need to get with PigCicles and see where he is at. I will start scouting locations and we will be able to provide more exact loacation info by March 1st or right around there. I will be scouting out some locations and may try to provide some pics or something. We had talked about another poll for location maybe, but I'm not sure how you can vote on something you can't really see. Ya'll might just have to trust us a little. We will see how it develops and keep all attendees in the loop the best we can.

Sorry folks :oops: ! I didn't mean to imply that anything had been set for the get-together but was mentioning that it would be better to go to someting more local than not at all- Sorry :? . Just psyching myself up for a potential 1800 mile round-trip roadtrip, yee-haw :D !!! Daun

Daun, I don't believe you implied anything. You just stated that if something comes up, you may not be able to make it to Mo. Just keeping options open - No biggie.

We are getting closer to deciding where the actual meet will take place. This will be disclosed after it is decided and what the slogan will be. Also if anyone is interested I will post a link to a site where you can reserve your campsite before arriving, so no problems getting a spot.

If you have any questions, just ask. One of us will try to answer it for you.

Joe

Daun, I certainly did not get the impression that you were implying anything.

We are all excited about getting together just think about what that much smoke will smell like and that much food what it will taste like.... Cheech drifts off into dreamland....again

Thanks guys, just didn't want anyone to think things were set already 8) .
Fire, food, friends,and smoke... Doesn't get any better than that :lol: ! Look forward to the event wherever it may be
wink.gif
. Enjoy your smoke! Daun

Has anyone nailed down a site to hold this yet? I realize it's only February, but June is a busy vacation month. The last cool month before the dog-days of summer. We may have to actually reserve space. Many of these places have turned reservation duties over to reservation centers. Some require a credit card number to hold, and some you can only get reservations through the web.
Just thinking. I have time to burn.
Also, does anyone have a "feel" for how many will attend yet?

You are very correct Tom. I have been doing a little pre-scouting work on the exact location and several other things are in the works. Give us a bit more time and prepare to be dazzled.
icon_lol.gif

Forgot to add, there are 12 the best talley we have now. I will have a better total soon as that is one thing I need now.

I would say it is as concrete as it can be Mike. I got your PM and I will forward you a few questions in a PM and get you added to the list if you are coming.

Chad -
Thanks! Got your PM and filled in the blanks.
As I said, it's a short run down 7 to Clinton and Truman Lake, if you need help doing whatever, let me know.

I got your response tonite Mike. I appreciate the offer and I'll keep it in mind if anything comes up. Look forward to seeing you there!

So is it officially set for June 15&16?

BTW, 600 miles is an easy day's drive. Mrs. Smokey makes me do it all the time to go see her family.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Tim

More like 15,16, & 17 I think. Kind of a 3-5 day thing depending on travel and personal preference of each person.

I'd love to go. I'd probably ride my bike and have a bedroll. Can anyone tell me if there's a shower on site, and if it would be possible to donate to someone's campsite if I layed down on the grass in a corner!!?

Also, I'd not be able to bring a smoker.... or food, could I donate to someone's smoke fund?

(man now I gotta get a bike running!)

mikey2gunz

Mikey, get yer scoot runnin, throw a leg over, and come on down! There will be room, and a shower. And I am certain you won't go hungry.
Shoot UltraMag or PigCicles a personal message and confirm you are coming, they will PM you back for some information.

P-Mike,

thanks for making me feel welcome, according to yahoomaps, it's only 355 miles. i play poker with a group on friday nights and would probably get a hundred or so miles in after, between midnight and 2 or 3 a.m., stop for the night in either Des Moines, or Osceola, depending...

i'd ride the rest of the way in the morning and probably catch someones cell phone for specific directions, or print out an address specific map prior to departure. long as i can find the park, i'll just ride around following my nose and looking for smokers on trailers bunched together!

i'll p.m. pig.

thanks again,

mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky