Official SMF 1st Member Gathering Poll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Are you interested in attending the 1st get together of the Smoking Meat Forums?

• Yes, if at all possible I will be there and the plans sound good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like to attend, but without some changes I don't think it would be possible. (Remember, we c

• Heck no I'm not coming to the SMF Gathering. Have you guys inhaled to much smoke?

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tonto-

man you guys know how to make a guy feel welcome, thanks again.

mike

m_d70381032474cb25e8abe38333c0cd04.png

A good ride and smoking meat, worth the trip. I will most likely put my HD in the rear of the toy hauler and tote it along. Lots of good twisty, hilly riding around Truman Lake. Hope to see you there.

hey---

what do you ride? and if you feel like it, we could ride to that BBQ competition thing everyone's talkin' about. i've a '04 custom and a '77 bobbed & lowered old rigid ironhead sporty. gotta figure out which one to ride. leaning toward the sportster.

mike

I won't be able to make it..
mad.gif

Driving down to Disney for a nice two weeker, I don't think the hubby or the boy would want to go 1100 to MO, then 1259 to Orlando!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_20.gif

I'll be there in spirit (or smoke) we don't actually leave for another two weeks after that, so I will have to definitely do a smoke that weekend. BTW, I definitely would be interested in T-shirt! Maybe you could get two screen prints, one that says the theme, and then for those who can't attend throw "wannabe" on there!!!

well i just read this from start to finish...

i would love to go BUT unfortunatly i will be in Atlantic City,NJ that time of the year until Labor Day working
frown.gif

the weekends are my busiest times..

i know a guy that does vinyl decals for cars and i believe he has some t-shirt capabilites as well... i can either make up a custom made design myself or i can get a pre-made one from here and donate some t-shirts so i am there in spirit

i owned a goldwing years ago- i understand the whole comfort thing! i hope we can meet up and ride. thinking of riding the '75 sporty for the heck of it!

mike

Oky,

I suppose you might be right. "Original" rigid bikes without suspension were called "boneshakers" or "bonecrushers" for good reason! With a sprung seat and an eye on the road ahead, most problems can be avoided.

I've not yet decided which bike to bring. The custom springer "chopper" is somehow more comfy without a sprung seat than the sporty, though I still feel like bringing the lowered AMF "bastardchild."

Bedroll, canteen, marlboro, and cash, think I'll bring a coupla extra shirts so I don't scare anyone away with eau de ironhead! Man that takes me back to the month-long field exersizes in the mojave desert...

mike

The smokefest sounds like a great Idea to me. Unfortunately, I will be in the process of building a new house that was supposed to be done by memorial day. Looks more like the 4th of July or so. Next year I will try to put it on the calendar.

I should have stayed in contact with this forum when I joined, I was the Truman Res area about that time with a friend who just stated BBQing and would have loved to attend this. Please do this again!

I hope that we have an Events Coordinator by then. If not one of the events team or myself will try to make arrangements for the next one. Stay with us and keep asking about it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky