My burger...didn’t suck! Finally!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
5F435E7D-2932-4876-B282-CF52534BFA69.jpeg
8075A713-1A9B-4A57-AB62-EB838D358B95.jpeg
24A46E40-32FE-4A4A-A08F-6CBE2AAF68DF.jpeg
Tonight I cooked up Kroger Private Selection brand Steakhouse Angus burgers. Yes, they come frozen, but they are thick...pre-seasoned perfectly...and remained juicy. They burgers have a nice pepper and garlic seasoning to them. They cooked in 10 minutes at 400° on the Kamado with the cast iron half moon. Took to 160°. Served with sautéed red onions and mushrooms and baby Swiss. Served on Kroger bakery fresh buns that I toasted a little. Absolutely great! I highly recommend you guys try them, and they have about 3 or 4 different varieties in the freezer section if memory serves me correct.

I may be wrong , but I'm thinking those are made by Holtens . Those are great burgers . I buy the Vidalia onion flavor .
Nice cook . I agree , try them out if you can find them .

They have a Prime Rib Beef patties too I’d be curious to try. I bet they’re super yum.

Looks fantastic. I love onions and mushrooms on a burger. The Swiss cheese just sends it over the top. Good find on the burger....GREAT job on the cooking.
Don

Not bad looking at all. Another good one is BallPark Flame grilled beef patties. These are frozen as well. And as long as you don't overcook them, don't ask. They come out pretty darn good!

I bougt the angus and prime rib ones before, and good results. I did buy a burger press for about 15 bucks on amazon and a box of wax papers then...and started buying the big packs of ground beef at Costco. Can set size in weight and prep a ton of burgers to the size you want. Could press in what you want as well with fresh ones.

Anyways...burger press...get some.

I do have a burger press, and I’ve tried using 80/20 ground chuck as my meat. But even with seasoning they just never taste right. I never get that restaurant taste. I started a big burger thread on this site awhile back about my issues not being able to cook a good restaurant quality burger at home. I have a feeling the good burger places use a custom blend of meats and I just don’t have the time, money, nor desire to go through all that. I need quick when it comes to getting dinner on the table for the family.

I bougt the angus and prime rib ones before, and good results. I did buy a burger press for about 15 bucks on amazon and a box of wax papers then...and started buying the big packs of ground beef at Costco. Can set size in weight and prep a ton of burgers to the size you want. Could press in what you want as well with fresh ones.

Anyways...burger press...get some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky