MES40 Stand

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jgruberman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 11, 2016
Hey folks, thought I'd share my experience and hope it helps someone else... But I wanted to buy the stand for the MES40 and Walmart has them on sale for $56 online. Not sure of their normal price, but my local Cabelas had it in Stock locally and price matched. Woot!

29b5c0dd76728afcc59182e140594047.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looks nice...I would like to here from the guys that have had one awhile. Do they hold up to the weather? I put mine on a 33" heavy plastic Utility Cart. Works great but a bit too tall for easy access to cover the MES...JJ

Looks nice...I would like to here from the guys that have had one awhile. Do they hold up to the weather? I put mine on a 33" heavy plastic Utility Cart. Works great but a bit too tall for easy access to cover the MES...JJ

I like the height of this one, as my first smoke I was sitting on the deck trying to shuffle grill grates and it was uncomfortable. The stand is 16" IIRC and IMO adds just enough height to not make the shelving at an uncomfortable height. I haven't actually USED it at this height yet though. Cover slid on easily without me being too short to pull it over(I'm 5'10"). The stand seems like it's sturdy enough metal but when I got it all screwed together, it must have been bowing somewhere because it has a little wobble. Nothing a shim won't fix under one of the legs.

I've been a bit green-eyed looking for a stand for my MES but I want it on wheels. I've got it on a large, flat mover's dolly at present. I'm thinking about making a simple plywood box to attach to the dolly to raise it a bit and gain a little covered storage, too.

How much does the MasterBuilt stand raise the smoker? Looks to be about 16-14" from the pic.

The stand raises the 30 about 2 feet. I don't have one on my 40. 

The 30 inch stand came in a combo with my 30 when I got it almost 3 years ago and it has been on since day one. It still looks brand new.

Rabbithutch,
Here's my rolling stand. A wooden movers dolly with a piece of plywood attached on top. The legs of the smoker is bolted thru the plywood. Very stout
a5983331ddf734f9c65a1a6556f0224e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rabbithutch
I cheated:

I needed about 2' of rise to give my old Back a break, and I didn't need wheels.

So I had made 4 Pressure treated boxes years ago for chainsawing small Bears on.

They are 2 X 12 frames 24" X 24" wide.

I stacked two of them & added a piece of wider 3/4" plywood & a sheet of aluminum on top for easy cleaning.

Just the right height:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN1911.jpg.html

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbithutch
rabbithutch,

Yes, the MES40 is controlled by a Auber PID.  Way too easy.   Also I flipped the heating element over so it is more centered. No for now I haven't considered placing the mailbox under the MES.

Lot of good ideas. Would like to see others if anyone cares to share out there...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky