• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
I haven't posted to this site for ever, but thought I'd share my experience with the Meater Block. I was an early backer on Kickstarter and finally received mine in one of the first shipments after production.

It has not worked properly from the get go. The unit has needed to do an update from day one. Every time I try the update the unit crashes and does not update.

Tech supports solution its to hold a button while doing the update until it completes. This has not worked on the unit that I have.

I have run through multiple sets of batteries.

I have requested a new unit and or a refund, but they only offer me to try the fix I mentioned above.

Too bad my Meater + works great. Customer service from this company is crap.

I'd send it back to them if it doesn't work and it's under warranty. Have them refer to your case or emails and send it to you when they resolve it.

I'd send it back to them if it doesn't work and it's under warranty. Have them refer to your case or emails and send it to you when they resolve it.

That would be an excellent solution, if they’d offer a mailing address to do that...

I’ve requested returning the unit, refunding my money, sending me a unit that works.

It may take me driving theunit to California to get anything done.

It’s been quite the run around.

I looked at a few of the comments about this "Wireless Smart Meat Thermometer" on their kickstarter page. Not a lot of love coming from their Kickstarter backers, so you're not alone.

Hey dirtsailor where you been man missed you.

Having a failed unit sucks especially when the maker doesn't offer any help.

Warren

Hey Case!
It's good to see you back here!
Hope you'll stick around a while!
Been missing you!!!
Al

Sounds like it may be a good thing I missed the initial round on Kickstarter. I was concerned when the rollout took so long, and it appears this company is a soon to be thing of the past.

I haven't posted to this site for ever, but thought I'd share my experience with the Meater Block. I was an early backer on Kickstarter and finally received mine in one of the first shipments after production.

It has not worked properly from the get go. The unit has needed to do an update from day one. Every time I try the update the unit crashes and does not update.

Tech supports solution its to hold a button while doing the update until it completes. This has not worked on the unit that I have.

I have run through multiple sets of batteries.

I have requested a new unit and or a refund, but they only offer me to try the fix I mentioned above.

Too bad my Meater + works great. Customer service from this company is crap.

Hello,

My name is Zach, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your MEATER Block. Also I apologize if our steps seem a bit excessive, we just want to get you back up and cooking as fast as possible and make sure its not something that could be a quick fix via email. Since it seems like you have gone through the troubleshooting and that does not seem to help we would be happy to replace your MEATER Block.

You can email me directly at [email protected] or If you'd like to set up phone call with us please visit this link https://meater.youcanbook.me/

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Zach

I just pre-ordered this the other day. Glad they are shipping to the backers. Sucks you've had issues. ^^Looks like it may move towards resolution though. In for outcome though and hope you get taken care of and the bugs get worked out as I've been waiting for a long time for this.

Hello,

My name is Zach, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your MEATER Block. Also I apologize if our steps seem a bit excessive, we just want to get you back up and cooking as fast as possible and make sure its not something that could be a quick fix via email. Since it seems like you have gone through the troubleshooting and that does not seem to help we would be happy to replace your MEATER Block.

You can email me directly at [email protected] or If you'd like to set up phone call with us please visit this link https://meater.youcanbook.me/

Best,
Zach

Better late than never.... First impressions... you only have one opportunity.....

Hello,

Best,
Zach

Hi Zach,

I’ve been asking for a refund, new unit for months and have sent my phone number for you to call me.

Everyrime I send a requesrt I get a message to do this or that. Hold a button, stand on my head, spin in a circle, replace batteries, reset my WiFi.

All the results have been the same.

Then I send another request, which takes you guys 3-4 business days to reply to and then I get the same message.

I’ve wasted a Costco pack of batteries trying all your suggestions to no avail.

Sent my phone number asking you to call me. No call.

I have the MEATER + and like it but this has deal has soured me on doing business with your company.

I received another message yesterday asking me to hold this button and do this and contact you if it didn’t work. It didn’t work. I will once again reply to that message.

Case Turner.

Well Case it seems that doing all the things you have done to try to get a good response from them all this time didn't get you very far but one thread calling them out on the forum seems to have gotten something. I hope it works out if you would post the results one way or the other so the rest of us can decide if we want to do business with them or not.

Well Case it seems that doing all the things you have done to try to get a good response them all this time didn't get you very far but one thread calling them out on the forum seems to have gotten something. I hope it works out if you would post the results one way or the other so the rest of us can decide if we want to do business with them or not.
ditto

Well Case it seems that doing all the things you have done to try to get a good response them all this time didn't get you very far but one thread calling them out on the forum seems to have gotten something. I hope it works out if you would post the results one way or the other so the rest of us can decide if we want to do business with them or not.

I’m having LEM flashbacks....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky