• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi Zach,

I’ve been asking for a refund, new unit for months and have sent my phone number for you to call me.

Everyrime I send a requesrt I get a message to do this or that. Hold a button, stand on my head, spin in a circle, replace batteries, reset my WiFi.

All the results have been the same.

Then I send another request, which takes you guys 3-4 business days to reply to and then I get the same message.

I’ve wasted a Costco pack of batteries trying all your suggestions to no avail.

Sent my phone number asking you to call me. No call.

I have the MEATER + and like it but this has deal has soured me on doing business with your company.

I received another message yesterday asking me to hold this button and do this and contact you if it didn’t work. It didn’t work. I will once again reply to that message.

Case Turner.

Hello Case,

I apologize again for the inconvenience, it is not our intent to give you the run around. We are always trying to improve our service to provide the best customer experience possible. Unfortunately I have not seen your number on our call schedule but I would be more than happy to get on a call with you. I am in the office from 10-6 PST, you can email me your number and what time works best for you. Otherwise we can follow up with your customer service ticket and handle your replacement that way.

Thank you for your response and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Zach

Hello Case,

I apologize again for the inconvenience, it is not our intent to give you the run around. We are always trying to improve our service to provide the best customer experience possible. Unfortunately I have not seen your number on our call schedule but I would be more than happy to get on a call with you. I am in the office from 10-6 PST, you can email me your number and what time works best for you. Otherwise we can follow up with your customer service ticket and handle your replacement that way.

Thank you for your response and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Zach

Hi Zach,

Once again I’ve tried the solution that Kavan (or is it Caveman) sent. To no avail.

I also once again sent my phone # asking for a call so this can be dealt with.

I like my MEATER+ but the block is a piece of....

Case Turner

Ok, since emailing is clearly not getting this done, just PM the phone number to him. He should at least get it here instead of it being lost in a zillion other emails.

Or do I detect the aroma of trolls in the air?

0EBA0FFC-DF74-4C3D-BDDE-25B625C894D1.jpeg
Ok, since emailing is clearly not getting this done, just PM the phone number to him. He should at least get it here instead of it being lost in a zillion other emails.

Or do I detect the aroma of trolls in the air?

I’ve replied with my phone number to the “Customer Rep” that ive been dealing with multiple times. They have my contact info.

It boggles my brain why I would need to send a message to Zach, or book an appointment, for a phone call when I’ve beenrequestimg this from their customer
service for months.

If I did this in my business I wouldn’t be in business.

View attachment 392270

I’ve replied with my phone number to the “Customer Rep” that ive been dealing with multiple times. They have my contact info.

It boggles my brain why I would need to send a message to Zach, or book an appointment, for a phone call when I’ve beenrequestimg this from their customer
service for months.

If I did this in my business I wouldn’t be in business.

Hello Case,

I will be handling this from here since we are just south of you in California. Kav is a respected member of our UK team, so there is a bit of a time difference between you two. I just left you a voicemail, regarding your replacement MEATER Block. We would like to email you a return label for your current Block. Once we receive it back, we can ship out a brand new fully updated and personally tested unit.

Please feel free to call me back at the number provided in my voicemail or email me through our ticket system so we can get this resolved for you.

Thank you!

~Zach

Case it's pretty evident where the problem is and it sure doesn't seem like it's on your end. You would think they'd want to give better customer service than what your getting. I know that at this point there is no way I'd buy anything from them we'll see if that changes but so far it sure doesn't look good.

Case it's pretty evident where the problem is and it sure doesn't seem like it's on your end. You would think they'd want to give better customer service than what your getting. I know that at this point there is no way I'd buy anything from them we'll see if that changes but so far it sure doesn't look good.
You would think on a very public forum such as this that they would bend over backwards to fix the issue....hell just sending a new unit would be better that the negative publicity this thread is generating, plus it would demonstrate they are committed to customer service.

I'll never buy anything from them either if this issue is not resolved soon.

Once we receive it back, we can ship out a brand new fully updated and personally tested unit.
YOU have got to be joking !!! Send the man a unit that works , and FORGET about the junk you sent him . I bought a therm I didn't really need from Ink bird ,,, BECAUSE they support the forum . Give discounts and give aways . No questions . Same thing with Thermo pro ,,, I bought 2 from them , BECAUSE they are smart , support the forum and know how to sell !! I would never buy from you the way you are . LAME .

Hello Case,

I will be handling this from here since we are just south of you in California. Kav is a respected member of our UK team, so there is a bit of a time difference between you two. I just left you a voicemail, regarding your replacement MEATER Block. We would like to email you a return label for your current Block. Once we receive it back, we can ship out a brand new fully updated and personally tested unit.

Please feel free to call me back at the number provided in my voicemail or email me through our ticket system so we can get this resolved for you.

Thank you!

~Zach
How about you just refund Case his money?
I will never buy a thing from y'all after reading this.
Very poor customer service and apparently product too.

Reactions: wbf610
Hello Case,

Thank you!

~Zach

Zach,

I appreciate you trying to take care of the issues Case is having with the unit.

I hope you can get him a working unit or refund and get resolution.

I look forward to hearing the outcome.

Reactions: pc farmer
When a product or when customer service for a product is great, and everyone in a forum raves about it, someone will say, "you can't buy publicity like this."

On the other side of that coin, when you have a thread like this, I would say that "you can't buy your way out of this."

I spent ten years consulting with startups, and my free advice is that the company needs to focus on those who have been hurt by the bad product and service, and turn them into advocates by giving them an absurd amount of special attention, soliciting feedback, and doing everything to turn this negative into a positive. You cannot possibly go too far in what you do for these early adopters.

As someone already said, you only get one chance to make a first impression, and you blew that. Fine. Stuff happens.

Now make it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: indaswamp
Not a vendor defender by any means but in this day and time, companies have to do things like this (return physical product) with regards to defect claims. The vendor seems to be trying to help resolve the issue.

I've watched this product progress and like to support innovators but I'm too risk averse to be a kick-start funder. Once more reviews surface, I might consider this product.

So where do you go from here I get what kelbro is saying but with this co. it seems the co. is the one is moving away from settling this case. Is their product that bad? If you return the broken product then will they replace it or say what broken product? At this point of time they differently do not seem to be very trust worthy to deal with. Hoping this works out for you Case but I think I would only settle for a refund at this point in time.

Warren

Okay, so I’ve been in contact with Zach
and now I have a shipping return label printed and will put the defective unit in the mail Monday, assuming I have time to get to the post office. So will see how this goes. I have been told as soon as they see the units on its way they will ship out a tested working unit to me.

Which is what should’ve happened long ago...

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Howdy Case! Sorry to be reading about your frustrations with this whole ordeal, but it’s good to hear from you...Long Time!

The way they’ve handled this has been terrible PR for this outfit...the rep who has posted here seems to be finally trying (too late) to make it right. They’ve missed an opportunity here to impress a large group of prospective buyers...and instead seem to have fallen on their faces.

Hope they do whatever it takes to satisfy you Brother!

Watching...
Red

Okay, so I’ve been in contact with Zach
and now I have a shipping return label printed and will put the defective unit in the mail Monday, assuming I have time to get to the post office. So will see how this goes. I have been told as soon as they see the units on its way they will ship out a tested working unit to me.

Which is what should’ve happened long ago...

Thats progress. I hope that it works out for you Case.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky