Little Help from you Seasoned Pros

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cashlow

Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Lowell,Indiana
I recently purchased a Masterbuilt Extra-Wide I also have a Char-Griller Duo with side fire box.I'm looking to smoke a Turkey and Ham for Thanksgiving. Can I do both in the Mb or should I seperate and use both Smokers.My daughter is unfortunately allergic to turkey so I dont want to have any problems.Thought if I kept the turkey below the ham I would be alright.What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

Larry

As far as cooking the two in the same smoker yes you can do that without any issues. But as far as being allergic to turkey and cooking it in the same smoker I don't even want to comment on that because I have no clue how that works. I wouldn't think it would transfer anything from the turkey to the ham but who knows. Hopefully someone with some education on that can comment as I wouldn't want to give you the wrong information and get someone sick. Is your ham already cured/smoked like you buy in the store or is is  raw piece of meat and you are going to cure it and everything before you smoke it?

Having 2 smokers, I don't think I'd pass up the chance to play with both and this solves the problem
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

The ham is already cooked just want to put some smoke to it with some rub to enhance the flavor.Was also thinking that as long as I kept the the turkey below the ham I would be alright.

I think it really depends on how allergic your daughter is - some folks with peanut allergies can not even be in the same room with anything containing peanuts without having a reaction. I think I would be safe and not do them in the same unit if at all possible.

I would say if her allergy isn't too crazy, since you would want to put the Turkey below the Ham in the smoker, to begin with, it wouldn't hurt, but that would have to be your call. The Turkey would not be dripping on the Ham.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky