Adding Extra Smoke to Pellet Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have a Traeger 575 pro and got a smoke tube years ago to help with the lack of smoke. Recently we were having a problem not having enough shelf space for smoking a 10 pound batch of sausage so I fired up the WSM and spread the sausages between the two units.

This worked, although even with the smoke tube in the Traeger, the sausage in the WSM was smoked better. I have been thinking for a while on getting a different smoker but they are expensive and we do fixed income here, so unless the Traeger breaks and I can't fix it, it's our workhorse.

Because the top shelf in the 575 pro is very short, we decided to add a full top shelf to it. I found a two shelf kit at "pimp my grill" : https://pimpmygrill.com/.

Folks, I can't tell you how much this has helped with space, obviously and both shelves slide out all the way, no tipping. An added bonus is that I can use to top shelf and use the smoke tube and since smoke rises, I get terrific smoke flavor on our cooks now.
IMG_1110.jpeg
IMG_1108.jpeg
IMG_1109.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky