Lamb Chops on the grill 1st time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Marinated with Rosemary,Thyme,Sea Salt,CBP & Red Wine
Mixed
100_0004.JPG

7 Chops
100_0003.JPG
in the bag for an over night stay
100_0005.JPG
had 4 baking Potatoes rubbed with Grape Seed oil
and Kosher salt
100_0006.JPG
Missed a few pics but here are the chops on the grill
100_0017.JPG
Tatters finished
100_0013.JPG
Chops finished letting them rest
100_0019.JPG
Had to get a pic of the a Chop cut IT was 145°F
100_0021.JPG
Plated with a piece of Blooming Onion Thanks Chris
Baked Potato,Stuffed Cheery Pepper
100_0023.JPG
I think this came out great
Richie
Only thing I would change would be the marinate
the red wine was over powering the meat.
Thanks for watching

Last edited:
That looks really good!as far as the marinade it sounds like it would be perfect. Maybe it was just in the marinade a little long. Usually if i use a marinade with alcohol ,vinegar or citrus I cut it down to a couple hours. The stuffed peepers look yummy as well! Nice job!

That looks really good!as far as the marinade it sounds like it would be perfect. Maybe it was just in the marinade a little long. Usually if i use a marinade with alcohol ,vinegar or citrus I cut it down to a couple hours. The stuffed peepers look yummy as well! Nice job!

Thank you it was a first for me making Lamb I've only had it twice I think & neither time it was worth eating over cooked.Thanks for the Like and the info on the marinate I appreciate it
Richie

Looks good Richie! I’ve had lamb only once, need to try eating it more often.

What about reducing the wine into a sauce and pouring over top? Or would that be too much?

Like!

Beautiful piece of work Richie, those chops look done to perfection. I always like a little mint jelly on the side when having lamb. Like, RAY

Looks really good Richie. Maybe a little less marinating time in the wine would help. I'm seeing lamb chops in the grocer more frequently now. May have to give them a shot.

Point for sure
Chris

Marinated with Rosemary,Thyme,Sea Salt,CBP & Red Wine
Mixed
View attachment 427349

7 Chops
View attachment 427348
in the bag for an over night stay
View attachment 427350
had 4 baking Potatoes rubbed with Grape Seed oil
and Kosher salt
View attachment 427351
Missed a few pics but here are the chops on the grill
View attachment 427352
Tatters finished
View attachment 427353
Chops finished letting them rest
View attachment 427354
Had to get a pic of the a Chop cut IT was 145°F
View attachment 427355
Plated with a piece of Blooming Onion Thanks Chris
Baked Potato,Stuffed Cheery Pepper
View attachment 427356
I think this came out great
Richie
Only thing I would change would be the marinate
the red wine was over powering the meat.
Thanks for watching
Never tried it but it sure looks tasty. Nice job.

Man I love lamb chops and those look great!! I’d dig those peppers too. Are they stuffed with prosciutto and cheese?

Looks good Richie! I’ve had lamb only once, need to try eating it more often.

What about reducing the wine into a sauce and pouring over top? Or would that be too much?

Like!
Joe I think next time I will go with some basic worsy sauce,salt,pepper and olive oil, for a rub or a Orange ,Rosemary,Bourbon Glaze Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Beautiful piece of work Richie, those chops look done to perfection. I always like a little mint jelly on the side when having lamb. Like, RAY
Ray I have heard of the mint jelly but wanted to try something on my own for a first.I think the meal was a success gave me a chance to cook outside for a change.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks really good Richie. Maybe a little less marinating time in the wine would help. I'm seeing lamb chops in the grocer more frequently now. May have to give them a shot.

Point for sure
Chris
Chris I agreee Travis said that earlier for a first time making these myself I am satisfied,first time with the Blooming Onion that tasted great,I even made a Cheese Babka for the first time,must be something to do with the first week of 2020 LOL. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Blooming Onion
100_0015.JPG
Cheese Babka
100_0245.JPG
100_0248.JPG
Richie

Those look great Richie. I do them the same way. 145 and they are absolutely perfect and delicious. You nailed it.
SV Thank you the IT is perfect I think I want to try Lamb rack next time.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Man I love lamb chops and those look great!! I’d dig those peppers too. Are they stuffed with prosciutto and cheese?
jcam Thank you the peppers are filled with sharp provolone &(UMAi) Sopressata a little Basil,Oregano, Olive Oil. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky