Lamb Loin Chops...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...were on sale so they were on the menu for last night...
20220608_153734[1].jpg

Rubbed with EVOO and seasoned with thyme, rosemary, basil, salt & pepper. Resting for a few until their date with the grill...
20220608_154327[1].jpg

Meanwhile I've got a pot of water boiling with some chunked up smoked ham for seasoning along with some salt...
20220608_160603[1].jpg

These have a date with that hot water bath...
20220608_153341[1].jpg

Also, I browned some Jimmy Dean hot sausage and combined it with some grated extra sharp cheddar. This mixture was spooned onto the jalapeno tops that I removed for my boats that I made last weekend. These were baked in a 375℉ oven (yeah, I cheated) for about 30 minutes or so until they were browned on top. No pictures, it was just basic stuff.

Now time to grill the chops. Got a kettle smoking hot with some lump and on they went...
20220608_175251[1].jpg

Good sear on both sides and rare in the middle. Time to eat...
20220608_181238[1].jpg

Hell yeah Charles. Those look delicious. Perfect cook! I did some on my Santa Maria a few weeks back that didn't turn out near as good looking as yours. Let my fire burn down to much and couldn't get a good sear. Nice work bud

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Hell yeah Charles. Those look delicious. Perfect cook! I did some on my Santa Maria a few weeks back that didn't turn out near as good looking as yours. Let my fire burn down to much and couldn't get a good sear. Nice work bud
Thank you, Jake!! As you well know, a hot fire is a must...

Reactions: TNJAKE
...were on sale so they were on the menu for last night...View attachment 634211

Rubbed with EVOO and seasoned with thyme, rosemary, basil, salt & pepper. Resting for a few until their date with the grill...
View attachment 634212

Now time to grill the chops. Got a kettle smoking hot with some lump and on they went...
View attachment 634215

Good sear on both sides and rare in the middle. Time to eat...
View attachment 634216

I love those lamb loin chops. Looks perfect from my viewpoint. Will have to make some soon.

Beautifull cook Charles, I love chops whether they come from the case or if I have to cut them from a crown roast, you nailed that cook! The beans and taters push it way over the top, nice piece of work. RAY

WOW!! Absolute perfection on that lamb. Add to that a perfect spice combination and those must have been off the charts. Very well done!!

Robert

Oh hell yeah! Those look fantastic. I’m doing a leg O Lamb on Sunday. Love it.
We need pics or it didn't happen...:emoji_laughing: Can't wait to see what you do...
I love those lamb loin chops. Looks perfect from my viewpoint. Will have to make some soon.
Thank you!!
Beautifull cook Charles, I love chops whether they come from the case or if I have to cut them from a crown roast, you nailed that cook! The beans and taters push it way over the top, nice piece of work. RAY
Ray, we really love lamb and I appreciate your comments...
Those are beautiful! I really love good lamb chops. Beautiful meal.
Thank you, Jeff!!
Those are cooked perfectly! I’m just getting back to enjoying lamb, but my wife has never liked it🤣 I’ll have to give this a go on a bachelor night! Great job!
Jed, lamb is the OTHER red meat. Thank you!!
WOW!! Absolute perfection on that lamb. Add to that a perfect spice combination and those must have been off the charts. Very well done!!

Robert
Thank you Robert so much for the compliments!! We absolutely love lamb...

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Very tasty! I'm actually been craving these for a while, however, just non to buy.....Just waiting till they show up again.

I love lamb, and those got my mouth watering.
John, it's the other red meat and we love it, too. Thanks!!
Very tasty! I'm actually been craving these for a while, however, just non to buy.....Just waiting till they show up again.
They can be hard to find around me sometimes, too. Leg-of-lamb is easy, but the chops or racks can be difficult so I grab them when I can...
Those look amazing. You’ve done this before.
Thanks, Sven!! Second time I've ever done them...:emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky