Sopressata update Finished 11/22/19

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
2 KG Sopressata Started 10/11/19
Going for 30% maybe 35%
Had to make a place to hang them.
Plastic cabinet
100_0061.JPG
Hanging
100_0064.JPG
Richie
31 % loss
100_0421.JPG
Not enough going to go for 36% on the bigger one
100_0422.JPG
Cut in half it taste great just doesn't have the texture
100_0423.JPG
Slices great with a knife
100_0427.JPG
May be one more week to finish.
We will dispose of this this weekend
No volunteers needed
Richie

Last edited:
You seem to be eating well these days Richie, the sausage looks real good.

Point for sure
Chris

You seem to be eating well these days Richie, the sausage looks real good.

Point for sure
Chris
Chris Thanks they are taking on color already.
When are you going to start making sausage?
Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

Chris Thanks they are taking on color already.
When are you going to start making sausage?
Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

Soon I hope, I have to finish off the kitchen addition dinning room first.

Chris

Soon I hope, I have to finish off the kitchen addition dinning room first.

Chris

Chris I know what ya mean!! My wife wants me to redo the bath room floor ROFPMP it will wait for me to get the trees cut and yard graded 4 more big oaks going down.
Richie

Watching . I always go 72 hours as long as the temp is 60 to 70 degrees . What starter did you use ? My t-spx is almost gone , want to try the new one Nepas listed .

Looking good Richie I too need to try some sausage of some kind. You and Rick make it look so easy.

Warren
Warren I used my jerky cannon to do this,the 70mm bag fits over the barrel Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Watching . I always go 72 hours as long as the temp is 60 to 70 degrees . What starter did you use ? My t-spx is almost gone , want to try the new one Nepas listed .

Rich I usually do 72 hrs at 70* so giving it a few extra,and I need to free up a shelve in the fridge.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it Richie

Like the idea of putting bag over the barrel of the jerky gun. Will have to try that I have some 4" bags and Owens red barn mix I just need to do.

Warren

Last edited:
Updated 11/8/19
Pics added 31 % loss need s more
Richie
Pics in original post

Lookin good . Pics look great , but I've been there . 30 % is still to soft for me too .
Waiting for the finish .

Lookin good . Pics look great , but I've been there . 30 % is still to soft for me too .
Waiting for the finish .
My wife wants to eat it like a pepperoni LOL We will slice it for the kids to taste.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky