July Inductions-Newest OTBS Members

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
It is with great pleasure that I announce the lastest induction to the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke.

Each candidate has shown themselves as knowledgeable in the art of the Thin Blue and has gone out of their way to share their skills to newbies and us old dawgs alike.

Without further delay, please join me in welcoming the following individuals into the Circle of Knights and Knightess of the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke. . .

Pops6927: OTBS #170
The Dude Abides: OTBS #171
TasunkaWitko: OTBS #172
irishteabear: OTBS #173
Cajunsmoke13: OTBS #174

EDIT: Billbo-please pardon my goof-I intended to include you in this induction, but it's been that kind of morning. Welcome into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke!

Billbo: OTBS #175

Congrats to each of you
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Want to say thanks to all for getting me here. Amazing the stuff I have learned since August...Hopefully I can pass it on to others...Thanks ALX for the nomination and Bmudd for the second. Congrats to all the others, fine crew of new inductees. Thanks Dutch

Totally cool and much deserved. Congratulations to all of You.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I need the OTBS Knights to keep me from ruining almost every piece of meat I touch.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations to all. Welcome to the brotherhood.

You all have been bestowed a great honor below is the OTBS Credo and I have faith that you all with meet these expectations and will help SMF continue to be a great forum.

Credo of the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke

The title of Knight or Knightess in the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke brings with it some responsibilities;

First and foremost-You must hold yourself to a higher standard of behavior and demeanor. Don't let the pettiness of others drag you down to their level. Be courteous and mindful of the opinions expressed by others even though your thinking on the subject may differ. It falls upon you to set the example and lead the way.

Second-Mentor those that seek to know your skills. They look upon you as an expert even though you may feel otherwise.

Third-If someone asks a question, (even though the subject may have been brought up a dozen times before), explain how to do it and/or provide a link to the thread that will (hopefully) answer their question. To tell them to use the "Search" feature is not an acceptable answer. Not everyone that comes to SMF is computer savvy.

Forth-Everyone has an ego; some are bigger than others-some not. Don’t let your ego get in the way.

To bear the title of Knight/Knightess of the OTBS is an honor. It is an honor that is not easily earned; it is not a permanent honor and it can be easily stripped away. Failure to follow the Rules of Smoking Meats Forum and by disregarding the responsibilities as set forth above can strip you of the title and honor that others strive to claim for themselves.

Be mindful and act accordingly.

Many thank you's With one hand on the WSM and one hand over my heart, I swear to do my duty and uphold the Credo of the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke.

Congrats to my fellow entrants and thanks again to erain for the nomination and cowgirl for the second.

Very cool! I'm honored.

Congrats to all, you all deserve the honor.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Congratulation to all Although I have only been here for a few short monthes I feel like you guys and girl have become quite good friends. I have learned, joked and decussed a manya good thing. I am very proud to know you the newest group of OTBS.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky