Hey! What's This OTBS About Anyways? (OTBS Nominations)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Sorry that I've been off the forum for more that a day or twa, it's a challenge to work fulltime, run a small ministry and take classes for said ministry and trying to meet the needs of the family.
But anyhoo-who do you know that deserves to be inducted into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke?
Here is a reminder of the criteria:

Nominations for OTBS status will no longer be made by the general SMF Membership. The Moderators will make their recommendation(s) to the Administrators; the candidates qualifications will be reviewed and the decision will then be made to award the OTBS status.

The general membership however may make OTBS recommendations to any of the Moderators of SMF. This change is being done to remove the perception of the OTBS of being or becoming a 'Good Ol' Boys/Girls' club. The candidate that you recommend must still meet the following criteria:

The Candidate should
1- be a
SMF member in good standing.
2- be active in the forums for at least 9 months.
3- know and be able to demonstrate the art of the thin blue smoke by posting q-vue of a successful smoke.
4- willing to share tips and recipes.

I should ask that before you make a recommendation to the Mods on who you think are deserving of this Prestigious Honor, please check the OTBS Rooster and make sure that the person is not already an OTBS Member.

So let's see what'cha got!

Good info. Thanks for sharing, I can appreciate how busy you are.

I have a question about the "q-vue" requirement. Is there something special or some special place for this, or is it simply a matter of adding some pics to you regular post? Some tag or keyword you need to have in your post?

I have a question about the "q-vue" requirement. Is there something special or some special place for this, or is it simply a matter of adding some pics to you regular post? Some tag or keyword you need to have in your post?

Q-vue is just pictures of your cooks, tips or anything bbq related to help out others or give ideas of stuff that turned out great or even not so great!

I should ask that before you make a recommendation to the Mods on who you think are deserving of this Prestigious Honor, please check the OTBS Rooster and make sure that the person is not already an OTBS Member.

Where does one find this Roster?

Where does one find this Roster?
Charlie, on the main OTBS page just above this topic is a pinned topic named OTBS Roster. Make sure to read through the entire topic. Because of word count limits, there are 4 rosters.

Charlie, on the main OTBS page just above this topic is a pinned topic named OTBS Roster. Make sure to read through the entire topic. Because of word count limits, there are 4 rosters.
So the list hasn't been added to since 2018? Have people been included and just not added to the list or is this something that you're trying to revive?

So the list hasn't been added to since 2018? Have people been included and just not added to the list or is this something that you're trying to revive?
That particular list was STARTED in 2018. I add to the current list until I max the word count and then start a new list.

Reactions: kilo charlie
This is my idea for q-vue. Bore scope through the smoke hole. But not as tasty looking as the final product on a platter!

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 44
BUMP to a dead thread and somewhat dying order. I havent been here long, and have just recently found out about this. In the meantime, I have had a great time checking out peoples cooks, gaining knowledge, enjoying camaraderie and sharing some things that i enjoy and hope others do too! I have witnessed several individuals that have had amazing cooks that in my mind would be shoe ins to this order! Im not trying to stir anything up, I just dont want people that deserve recognition for their efforts to be passed by. There are some legit blue smoke gurus on here that influence all of us in a positive manner!
Sorry, semi/mini/rant over lol. Smoke away fellas!

All up to the admins really, but yes I agree there are some folks here that deserve the badge, no doubt. These folks are active, helpful and friendly, but most of all have demonstrated the thin blue smoke and the desire to help others achieve the same. I hope the admins take this up for a new round of OTBS members. They are busy and time is always short but I hope they can take this back up. Bravo to the active members here. Best on the Net, hands down.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky