2016 OTBS Inductions-just in time for Summer!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
It's been a long, long while since there has been any inductions into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke and for that I apologize. Without further delay here are the first inductees of  2016:

AK1: OTBS #279
Atomicsmoke: OTBS #280
BDSkelly: OTBS #281
BlueWhisper: OTBS #282
B-one: OTBS #283
C farmer: OTBS #284
Cliffcarter: OTBS #285
Cmayna: OTBS #286
CrankyBuzzard: OTBS #287
DanBono: OTBS #288
DaRicksta: OTBS #289
Demosthenes9: OTBS #290
Dukeburger: OTBS #291
Dward51: OTBS #292
Gary s: OTBS #293
Humdinger: OTBS #294
Joe Black: OTBS #295
Lemans: OTBS #296
Mneeley490: OTBS #297
Noboundries: OTBS #298
Pits 4 Brains: OTBS #299
Rabbithutch: OTBS #300
realtorterry: OTBS #301
Reinhard: OTBS #302
Smokin Monkey: OTBS #303
Wade: OTBS #304
WaterinHoleBrew: OTBS #305

I have also lifted the suspension of Bearcarver: OTBS #217.

Please remember that as OTBS Members that you are held to a higher standard-act accordingly.

Give me a week or two to update your profiles as OTBS Members-keep in mind that if you are Premier Members, your Premier Member tag overrides the OTBS tag.

WOW !!!!!

What an unexpected and wonderful surprise. To be in such exalted company is, indeed, an honor. I shall do my best to live up to it.

Thank you to whomever nominated me and to Dutch and the team for my selection.

[Number 300, eh? Has a nice ring to it!]

That was a unexpectedly good (great!) end to the week. Thank you so much to whoever nominated me and those who voted for me - Dutch is not giving anything away !!!.

It is a privilege and an honour to be recognised by the senior membership of the forum - especially being from across the pond. I am just pleased that I can help the newcomers develop their skills wherever they are from. One thing is for certain though - I will never stop learning from others on the forum.

What a deserving list of inductees! It is great to see so many great people on the SMF. Congratulations to you all and many thanks for your ideas, inspiration and knowledge.

Disco

It is a great honor to be amongst so many great smokers.  I'm honored big time. 

As Wade said: 
"One thing is for certain though - I will never stop learning from others on the forum"
Think I'll celebrate this weekend by doing some more Salmon and maybe some chicken lollipops.

Craig

Reactions: pc farmer and Dutch
Ditto Wade! I am really honored and humbled by this. It's a great way to start the summer! Now that I have the SMF stamp of approval I'll be extra active on the forum now and do whatever I can to help others! Congrats to the OTBS Spring class of 2016

Reactions: pc farmer
I first came here to learn how to smoke cheese.   HA,   now look.    I have learned everything here.

Dutch and all the OTBS, Thank you so much for this great honor from my peers. I hope that I can live up to the expectations.

Joe

Reactions: lemans
Yey...I made it to the old boys club. Kidding...seemed like a sensitive topic to some.

Thank you for the induction. Now I have to make one exception to my rule in life: never be part of a club willing to take you as member (borrowed it from Groucho).

One thing that baffles me....there are names on the list that I assumed were members already. I mean smoke jockeys with serious cooks under their belts and active most of the time ,ready to help. I am honoured to be inducted at the same time with them.

Last edited:
This is a list of well deserving members. Whenever I have a question or need some advice they are always there with the answers I am looking for. I have only been smoking for about 2.5 years and I owe you all many thanks for your help and blame you all for contributing to my already obsessive personality! Haha congrats and Cheers!

-Chris

Thanks Dutch!

Glad to be Back.

And Congrats & Welcome to the rest of you!!
welcome1.gif

Bear

Glad you are reinstated Bear  Thank you for whoever nominated me and a Big Congrats to the class of 2016

Gary

Whoa, I'm both honored & humbled ! Just being included in the conversation of the OTBS is more than I could have ever imagined, but becoming a member of it is really unbelievable ! I'd like to thank those who nominated me... And also congratulate the fellow members that were inducted as well !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky