2016 OTBS Inductions-just in time for Summer!

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by dutch, May 27, 2016.

1. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Totally unexpected, little overwhelmed with this honour. Thank you to all the OTBS members and especially to the members who nominated me. Just hope in the future I can help to maintain the high standard of information, help and behaviour this forum provides.

Would also like to congratulate fellow members who have been inducted!

2. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'm honoured. Thank you very much. Although I'm not that thin.

3. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow, I'm blown away, honored, and humbled to be included in such a supportive and knowledgeable group of men and women.  Thank you to all involved and congrats to all the new inductees!

4. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Who? Me?
    What a wonderful honor and privilege this is. Thanks to all for the vote. And thanks to the Admin that nominated me.
    You guys are great!
    Brian

5. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I was surprised you weren't in. I've always thought you were a better smoker than me. Congratulations, Brian.

Disco

bdskelly likes this.
  6. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

CONGRATULATIONS to all the inductees!!!!!!!!!!!!    

[​IMG]

The level of knowledge represented here is top drawer.  I have learned (and will continue to learn) so much from all these forum members.

Gary

7. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Texans are like briskets. Some take longer than others! LOL!

B

8. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Guess it depends....   If you was an A or B, you wouldn't get noticed much...  you'd have to be a Double D to get noticed in Texas....    

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    bdskelly likes this.
  9. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Congrats to all!

Good luck and good smoking.

10. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

q

Dave, A DD will get notice ANYwhere

11. mneeley490

mneeley490 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow, thank you! This is indeed an unexpected honor. Now I need to try to live up to it.

12. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Congrats to all the new inductees...very much deserved by each of you! This may as strong a class as we've ever had! Like others have already said, there are some of these guys who I thought were already OTBS!

Now I expect you guys to buy a round of beers when the Award Stipend comes in the mail...:biggrin:

And an extra congrats to Bear...that was past due in my humble opinion Thumbs Up

I know you'll all do the OTBS proud!

Red

13. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

A BIG CONGRATS  to all the new inductees and Welcome to the OTBS...JJ [​IMG]

14. lovethemeats

lovethemeats Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Sir I would like to join the group of OTBS. I know I can follow your guidelines and give back to the people who need help. Or at least point them in the right direction. I see what the difference is since I been using my AMNPS. I used to think that smoking meats ment pushing thru tons of thick smoke. I now know the difference. By using my AMNPS it has been beautiful smokes achieving the best possible meats at the end result. I always promise to show my work and to explain what steps I have taken to get to the end result of my finished foods. I praise this site as it has filled me with a better understanding of how to smoke things the right way. I thank everyone here as I think they are the masters of the smoke and don't need a trophy to prove it. Just good pictures of what they made.
    Again. Thank you all.

15. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

You have to be Nominated by one of the Staff members, aka Mods, Super Mods or Admin. On top of this you have to be an active member at least 1 year, Demonstrate a superior knowledge of smoking meat and pass it on by helping Newbies and answering questions. You need to have several detailed posts of your cooks with plenty of Qview. So basically you are off to a great start. Be active, be friendly, show your stuff and with time and proving yourself a good member, one of us will surely notice and nominate you in the future. Keep up the good work...JJ

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  16. lovethemeats

lovethemeats Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Thany you.

17. dukeburger

dukeburger Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG] Wow, with being away at work and not being as active lately, this was a nice surprise. 

Thanks for the nomination and the induction! Also a congrats to fellow inductees!

18. dward51

dward51 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow!!!  I'm honored to have been inducted into this fine group.  And congratulations to my fellow inductee's!!!!

19. dward51

dward51 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Delete - double post (computer shut down mid post?)

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  20. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats to all!!!!! and remember,,,, 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS