Jeff, Brian, One Of You Guys Want To Chime In ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
There's been a lot of questions asked about what's going on with the web site without ether of y'all chiming in with explanations...

My BIGGEST gripe/question is about the Bullets (black dots) on the "New Post" page not being there anymore... They would let a person know if a thread has been read or if a new unread post has been added to a thread... Why did they disappear ??

Other Questions

Last edited:
Something changed . The thing I noticed , that I " think " is different is the header bar that has all the options on it now scrolls up , as you scroll down the page . So it's gone if you're in the middle of a thread . You have to hit back or scroll all the way to the top to get back to your alerts , or the other options . I don't remember it being like that .

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
I get an ad that pops up over the entire 1st post of every thread. No way of Xing or minimizing it. This is on an iPad. No problem on my phone

There was an update a few days ago to the software(Just like a windows update) and there have a few issue have popped up. We are working on them.

Reactions: indaswamp
We got faith in ya Brian just let us know if you get hungry while you are working on it and we will bring you some bbq!
Nine days later and absolutely zero updates later and zero headway, do you really still have the faith S.P?:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

We have resolved some of the issues. We are still working on a few other ones. The formatting on that was making the site look narrow should of been resolved.

Thanks

What a bout the Black Dots on the new post page, Brian ?? are they working on that ??

Also.. are they going to recognize the OP throughout a thread ??

We have resolved some of the issues. We are still working on a few other ones. The formatting on that was making the site look narrow should of been resolved.

Thanks
bmudd14474 bmudd14474 It has not been resolved unfortunately.

1597129689353.png

Last edited:
You might want to look at the bottom of the page where it says SMF the little paint brush "styles" right above the width option. There are no option under styles such as phone, tablet or PC this could be the problem.
Good luck

Unfortunately mine looks like this as well... I'm on laptop, win 10, google chrome ...

At the bottom of the page do you have a button that says change width? If so click it once and see if it changes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky