what is up with the format change? its such a waste of space.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
Why is the forum covering half of the page only it seems like a waste of space to show all the stuff on the right side of the page. when did this change and why? I'm not digging it one bit.

1595941743584.png

Reactions: grubby64
I’m not seeing that on my screen.
Have you tried going to the bottom of the page & clicking on the change width button.
Al

Reactions: forktender
My display looks like it always did. (Using MS Edge browser.)

I see the same thing he does, takes up 1/4 or so showing who’s done what ect

Mine is that way too...

BUT ALSO .. I have lost the "bullets" (little black dots) for each thread that has not been read or a new post has been added to that already read thread... know what I'm talking about ??

I’m sure the great admin staff are working on fixing the upgrade glitches. Hopefully the problems some are having will be resolved soon.

I’m not seeing that on my screen.
Have you tried going to the bottom of the page & clicking on the change width button.
Al
I just tried it and it doesn't fix it. Thank you for the idea.
Dan

Still messed up, I'll check back in a few days to see if it's fixed.
Thank you for looking into it.
Dan

Why is the forum covering half of the page
This was an issue back when the format first changed . I can't remember what the fix was , but been looking for the thread about it .

If you go all the way to the bottom ( not the change width button ) What does yours say by max width ? Mine says 1300 .

Mine is the same as always, full screen. Bottom max width says 1300 too, which is normal. I'm using mozilla browser.

I'm using FireFox and Chrome they both make reading and posting a P.I.T.A I can't handle it at all it is like reading a very long poem. LOL

Does your width at the bottom say 1300?
Yes it is, I didn't change anything it is a product of the latest forum update. I hope the IT team is working on it because it sucks this way, all it will do is effect the number of hits the forum receives each day.

This was an issue back when the format first changed . I can't remember what the fix was , but been looking for the thread about it .

If you go all the way to the bottom ( not the change width button ) What does yours say by max width ? Mine says 1300 .
Now that you mention that I do remember it being that way when the forum changed over the last time.
I have know idea how the administrator fixed it but they did.
I hope they are looking into it because this format stinks. LOL

Ok I just switched over to my Android phone and everything is still in poem/haiku form and there is no option for width at the bottom of the forum page.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky