Its Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Time for the Landjaegers to come off the dowel. Was looking at them this morning and they look like they are done shrinking.

On the rack with ya.

42c08425_ljpull1.jpg

Going to mix up 5 lbs today and use smaller natural casings.

Those do look good, But then all the sausage you make does...

Yea Buddy those look great.  Sending a PM with my shipping address
biggrin.gif

Somebody has got to limit the number of posts he can make.  I am gaining so much weight just looking at the pictures!

Great job.

Good luck and good smoking!

Got the vac sealed ones ready to head South with us and the LJ in the container stays North......If it lasts that long 

e050cdc9_DSC00237.jpg

icon_cool.gif

I really like the new sausage and all. Now you made the sausage and then you hang it outside to dry out??? What does that do for the flavor I can see it's all like jerky now? But I'm confused?

icon_cool.gif

I really like the new sausage and all. Now you made the sausage and then you hang it outside to dry out??? What does that do for the flavor I can see it's all like jerky now? But I'm confused?

I dont think i would hang outside, to many critters to get at it.

I make and hang inside where i need 60-70% R/H, Relative Humidity. This takes the moisture from the LJ (green weight) and makes it dry and shrivel. The longer the hang the dryer it gets. On my PT3 LJ i am only going to hang for a week not weeks. The flavor is very intense smoke peppery.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky