Is Red meat bad for your health?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm sure if you look hard enough there's a "study" somewhere that will tell you any diet regimen or specific type of food is "bad" for you in some way or another. I've heard stories of people on the "Paleo" diet have their blood pressure skyrocket, people on different commercial programs develop assorted health issues and even saw a vegetarian and a vegan almost get into a fist fight because the vegan thought they saw the vegetarian use butter to fry their black bean burger. As has been said, moderation is key and I doubt the occasional bacon and eggs breakfast or baloney sammich is gonna kill you.

I agree moderation, and a healthy lifestyle are the keys to good health. I also understand that ish happens. I once knew someone that refused to ride in a convertible I had because she deemed it too unsafe. A few years later a car hit her while riding her bicycle. Thankfully she's ok, but it goes to show that we take a risk walking out the door everyday. Have an occasional cigar, crack open a beer, throw a steak and some veggies on the grill and enjoy life. I live outside of Nashville, and truly believe the rising crime rate is far more dangerous than my eating habits.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky