Hunk of meat fail!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Would you inject or brine them balls Dave?
icon_lol.gif
I'd slice 'em up thin.... roll in flour and egg wash and Panko.....  then deep fry 'em......  UMMMM ummmm good...  very good...  

Maybe a cold beer or 2 and be fat and happy....

Sounds like an Andrew Zimmern thing.

Ate beef tongue many times as a kid, not so much anymore.

When I see it on sale, I'll bring Lengua home , only for the Missus.

She LOVES it in homemade flour or corn  tortillas.   Marc

Last edited:

I'd slice 'em up thin.... roll in flour and egg wash and Panko.....  then deep fry 'em......  UMMMM ummmm good...  very good...  

Maybe a cold beer or 2 and be fat and happy....
I thought for sure he was going to say, Rub them down with linseed oil
........... Now THAT"S FUNNY !!!   HAHAHAHAHA   

OK, This is a joke, DS is going somewhere with this.
I'm getting really tired of the help me out posts that don't include enough information to direct the person. So many posts are just to vague. There is too much information left out to give a good answer.

1. Tell me what you didn't like or what went wrong

2. Type of smoker

3. How you set up your smoker and conditions  (minion method, full lit basket, wood, fuel, blowing ninety, snowing, raining,).

4. What were you smoking (specific cut).  Not I failed cooking ribs or my beef was dry.

5. Specific method of how you prepared the cut prior to cooking. Did you marinate it, inject it, brine it, drag it through a mud puddle?

6. How you went about cooking (temp, times, rest time after cook, etc.). Not I put it in the smoker and pulled it out and it was dry and the skin was black and we ate it like cavemen (fully acceptable practice at hunting camp).

Frustrating.
ditto... its a blast in the sausage section too..

"I made 100 lbs of sausage but didnt check temps".

The best one is> I fell asleep and when I woke up my smoker was off". I want to say, you have one thing good going for you. You woke up!

In the summer time i Smoke at night while outside temps are at their lowest to keep my smoker at low temp . I dont put my CPAP on to be sure I wake up every hr to check the smoker...lol

roflmao.gif
ROTF.gif

DS, I read the first post and thought "OH OH! when DS has a problem...." Then I realized as I read what the point was that you were making! As a former Restaurant manager, I dealt with my share of questions that you just could not give a good effective answer due to lack of information!
head-wall.gif
  Not to say that we all may have done the same thing at one time or another.

But once I realized the point I have been laughing for about 10 minutes!

It is good to remind people sometimes that more info gets a better more informative answer! (I try when I ask  questions)

Cranky Buzzard, maybe your Meat sucked cuz you didn't 
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif
it enough! ( I had to go there
icon_mrgreen.gif
)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky