Hey all! What's for Christmas dinner?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
We're going to have bacon wrapped lil smokies, cheese, crackers, and shrimp cocktails for brunch.
For dinner. We're staying traditional this year. It'll be baked spiral cut ham with brown sugar/pineapple glaze. Fresh mashed, Brussel sprouts with salt pork/balsamic reduction. And apple crisp with french vanilla ice cream.

Ham, mashed potatoes, creamed onions, coleslaw, sweet potatoes, and a variety of pies. Also the wife is making 7 layer cookies. During the day nibblers will be lox, herring, assorted cheeses and fruit. Next dayers will be split green pea soup and ham salad.

Chris

We are making penne with vodka sauce. Wife is gonna make a breakfast charcuterie board this morn, after everyone is up and presents opened

20221225_113220.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a 14 lb brisket from Costco in the way home from a short trip to Carlsbad Caverns and the NRAO Very Large Arrays in New Mexico.

Cut it in half, threw one side in the freezer and prepped the other w/ kosher salt, black pepper and injected with beef broth. It’s marinating in the fridge. I will throw it on about 9 am. Hickory wood is the wood of choice.

039F0A28-DF23-45C4-82FB-8EDC7E23C582.jpeg

Merry Christmas everyone.

We're going to have bacon wrapped lil smokies, cheese, crackers, and shrimp cocktails for brunch.
For dinner. We're staying traditional this year. It'll be baked spiral cut ham with brown sugar/pineapple glaze. Fresh mashed, Brussel sprouts with salt pork/balsamic reduction. And apple crisp with french vanilla ice cream.
All homemade Smoked a ham, Broccoli and cheese, au gratin potato's, brown sugar, local honey glazed yams, baked beans and dinner rolls. Dessert will be homemade pecan pie. Enjoy

Five pound USDA Prime grade ribeye roast two-bone bone-in - dry-brined yesterday, heavily coated with granulated garlic powder on fat cap and then stabbed through cap with meat fork 100x driving garlic deep into the roast, then seared all over on 350 degree cast iron skillet in shallow pool of beef tallow on Weber for 30 secs on each side, then cooked low and slow on a rack at 225 in kitchen oven until the IT reads 75 F, then coated with beef tallow and wrapped in beef-tallow soaked butcher paper, then placed in snug HD tin foil boat, then placed in tin pan with half cup water, then pan sealed tight with HD foil crimped all around, and finally cooked at 175 in kitchen oven until IT reaches 128. Pull, rest, slice, and serve with freshly made sauce from fresh horseradish. Provide a bit of Fleur De Sel next to each two place settings so guests may add a pinch of finishing salt prior to each bite :-)

Attachments

• IMG_2755.jpg
    IMG_2755.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The most god awful tasting of all turkeys. 😞

I cant do oven turkey. Ugh. Sorry.
I've no desire to deal with the smoker today when its 9 degrees outside.Plus the turkey wouldn't fit in my MES30 or WSM 14.5 so the oven it is.

Standard in my house doesn't mean plain.That turkey swam in cranberry/blackberry brine for 12hrs and will be stuffed with the smoked stuffing and smoked paprika/garlic butter on the outside.

First snack out of oven.

View attachment 652264
Lil smokies, beef. Wrapped in one layer thin bacon. Overlapping enough to hold with a toothpick.
Sprinkled with brown sugar and cayenne pepper. In a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Yummy!
If you want something similar, get some turkey breasts and cut them into 1.5” triangles, season with montreal steak seasoning and wrap in bacon and put a toothpick through the center. Smoke ‘em till done. They are amazing. You can do them in the oven or on the bbq grille too but smoked is best.

Reactions: rbnice1
looks awesome, Steve!
Thanks!

If you want something similar, get some turkey breasts and cut them into 1.5” triangles, season with montreal steak seasoning and wrap in bacon and put a toothpick through the center. Smoke ‘em till done. They are amazing. You can do them in the oven or on the bbq grille too but smoked is best.
Neat idea, thanks!

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
Merry Christmas to all! Everything listed looks and sounds awesome. We're having Honey Baked Ham from the Honey Baked Ham Company. Plus just a few simple sides, Corn in butter sauce, Homemade Yams, mashed taters etc. But the star of the show will be the Mrs' homemade Cheesecake and homemade from a mix Cinnamon Swirl cake. We kept it simple this year, and very excited to celebrate with our new Grandson, Jaxon, born last Monday 12-19-2022.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky