Hatfield Scrapple For Breakfast & Supper (Ninja Air Fried)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Hatfield Scrapple For Breakfast & Supper (Ninja Air Fried)

Finally they had Hatfield Scrapple @ Giant, so we got 2 packs of 1 pound each. One pound is just right for the 2 of us.
Years ago it took 2 packs of Scrapple for a Meal, but those days are over!
So I sliced my Hatfield Scrapple @ 1/2” Thick. Set the Ninja on “Air Fry”—390°. Set at 30 minutes.
Preheat until it says “ADD FOOD”. Then Spread the Scrapple out in one layer.
Check @ 15 minutes—Then again after another 5 minutes—Then another 3 minutes made it nice & crispy.
NOTE: No need to flip this stuff.
I added some of Mrs Bear’s Home Fries to round out my Supper & a Pair of Eggs & Scrapple for the next Morning's Breakfast.

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

NOTE: "Hatfield, PA" is about 40 miles South of The Bear's Den:

Product description

Try a 6 pack of this great scrapple product from Hatfield. Available in six 16 ounce packs. Over 110 years ago John C. Clemens began Hatfield Quality Meats’ tradition of satisfying customers with quality, delicious pork products in the Philadelphia farmer’s markets. Since that time, the Clemens family and their partners have committed themselves to building on, and strengthening, the tradition Clemens started in 1895.

How-To Scrapple Short-cut Recipe:
Many people ask how to make scrapple, because they can't get it where they live. I'm including a Simple recipe for making Scrapple (Below). It uses Pork Sausage in place of all the bits of everything people normally throw in, to make it Quick & Easy.
It should be Good, and not that far from others.
Give it a Try, and let us know how it was!!
Link:

One 16 ounce pack of Hatfield Scrapple:
IMG_7509.jpeg

Sliced in 1/2" thick strips:
IMG_7510.jpeg

In Ninja Air Frying Basket:
IMG_7511.jpeg

Nearly Done:
IMG_7512.jpeg

Closer Look:
IMG_7513.jpeg

Scrapple & Home Fries for Bear's Supper:
IMG_7514.jpeg

Scrapple & Eggs for Bear's next Morning's Breakfast:
IMG_7515.jpeg

Last edited:
Flash back for me! Dad believed scrapple and eggs for breakfast and Braunschweiger with mayonnaise sandwich for lunch was they key to raising healthy, strong kids! Thank you for the fun, relived memories Bear! I may need to keep the tradition going now!

Flash back for me!

Make that two of us!! I grew up in Blue Ridge Mountain country in VA plus spent a lot of time in MD for work. Scrapple was a staple in all the little mom & pop restaurants and man did I love that stuff. Have not had it in years but bringing back the memories has me wanting to seek it out again and add it to the menu around here.

Robert

Good eats there Bear.

I kinda feel like i'm back in Lancaster county with all the Amish here.

Scrapple looks great Bear!! I always make it a point to have some in the freezer ready to go.

Like!!

You've posted a few threads on scrapple and I've looked everywhere around here and just can't find it.

I never had scrapple Bear, never heard of it growing up out west. Sounds like it'd make a nice breakfast, I'd try it, tho never seen it anywhere in CA or AZ. RAY

Looks real good John. I've never had Scrapple. I've heard of it, just never had it. Those potatoes look great and as you know, loving those eggs!
Great job.

Looks like that Air Fryer does a nice job. My Daughter is out in Harrisburg this weekend. Asked what she could bring me? Told her 2 pounds of Hatfield Scrapple...JJ🙂

Looks like that Air Fryer does a nice job. My Daughter is out in Harrisburg this weekend. Asked what she could bring me? Told her 2 pounds of Hatfield Scrapple...JJ🙂

Excellent Request Jimmy!!!
Only thing better than 2 pounds of Scrapple would be 3 pounds of Scrapple!!
Glad to see you're up & at-em again!!

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great Bear! Your gonna make me try scrapple yet… though I’d have to order some as it is non existent out this way!

Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ ---
MJB05615 MJB05615 ---
sawhorseray sawhorseray ---
normanaj normanaj ---

Hi Guys,
This is just a "Heads-Up" to tell you guys I just added a Link in my original post (above) with an easy "Short-cut" Recipe for making your own Scrapple. They're using Pork Sausage instead of all the various scraps of everything we could think of to make it quick & easy.
Instead of having to pay for "Cold" shipping, this might be your best way of getting to try this Mysterious & Wonderful Stuff.

Bear

Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ ---
MJB05615 MJB05615 ---
sawhorseray sawhorseray ---
normanaj normanaj ---

Hi Guys,
This is just a "Heads-Up" to tell you guys I just added a Link in my original post (above) with an easy "Short-cut" Recipe for making your own Scrapple. They're using Pork Sausage instead of all the various scraps of everything we could think of to make it quick & easy.
Instead of having to pay for "Cold" shipping, this might be your best way of getting to try this Mysterious & Wonderful Stuff.

Bear
Thanks John. Just printed, and I have all of these ingredients in house for some reason, lol.

Looks great Bear! I just had scrapple a month or two ago. It was "The Meadows" I believe made by Kuntzler's. Wife can't stand it so I only eat it once or twice a year.

The cooked pics look great John. The raw shots not so much for me. Both plated shots look tasty.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky