Forums Lagging...Never Fully Loading... Can't Open Other Tabs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
It's getting very frustrating and I'm about to give up... When I open the web site it takes FOREVER to load.. first the main site comes up... and then a minute or two later the ads finally come up... the little deal in the tab showing that it's loading NEVER stops going around in circles.. so never fully loading... I can't open any other websites on another tab or the same tab for that matter... If I surf without SMF open I have no problems with other sites and numerous tabs... This is telling me that SMF is clogging up my connection ... Anybody else have problems similar ??

Not having any problems,you using a phone?

No.. using brand new laptop (2 months old) ... just took over 5 minutes for the site to load and let me reply... If I try to click on a thread before it finishes loading it will disconnect from the internet after a couple of minutes...

No.. using brand new laptop (2 months old) ... just took over 5 minutes for the site to load and let me reply... If I try to click on a thread before it finishes loading it will disconnect from the internet after a couple of minutes...

I'm sure Admin will hit you up in a few....

It's getting very frustrating and I'm about to give up... When I open the web site it takes FOREVER to load.. first the main site comes up... and then a minute or two later the ads finally come up... the little deal in the tab showing that it's loading NEVER stops going around in circles.. so never fully loading... I can't open any other websites on another tab or the same tab for that matter... If I surf without SMF open I have no problems with other sites and numerous tabs... This is telling me that SMF is clogging up my connection ... Anybody else have problems similar ??
Can you tell me if this just started today or if it's been ongoing?

So far, I am not able to reproduce this on my end but I am very interested in anyone else experiencing this as well.

Running FireFox on a 4-yr old Asus Notebook...works fine for me. I upgraded to Win-10 from Win-8 early last summer (only because MS won't support Win-8 anymore), but I still do not use MS Browsers. They're good for a one-time use...to download an open-source browser...one that works.

For anyone with a poor Internet connection like me, the Opera browser in turbo mode is much faster than FF, Chrome, Edge, and IE. I have experimented with all of them. Opera even offers free VPN.

This site is really fast for me, even with my bad connection.

I've had the same trouble . Before and now . After I bought the premier membership and turned off the adds it got better . Not to bad on my laptop or pc , but the tablet is bad . I read one thread then puke ,,, I can open another site no problem . i see in my browser that " add ons have been blocked " Not sure why things I don't want are trying to load ,,,

Jeff.. it's been ongoing for a couple of weeks now... I'm on Win. 10 and Chrome... just used Edge to see if there is any difference and for the moment it is ok... It does have Adobe Flash blocked.. don't know if that has anything to do with it...

Idahopz.. never heard of Opera before...

ok... so this is what I have done... I updated Chrome and cleared all browsing history and cache... and for the time being it seems better now.. I will post here again if things go bad again...

ok... so this is what I have done... I updated Chrome and cleared all browsing history and cache... and for the time being it seems better now.. I will post here again if things go bad again...
Glad to hear it's doing better.. let me know if you have further issues with this.

OK.. so that didn't last long... back to doing the same thing again .. It only happens with this web site... I can browse other sites all day long.. no problem...come to SMF and the trouble begins... maybe inquire about Chrome browser issues ?? I don't know... very frustrating though I do know that...

Sounds like an ad issue to me. I ran into the same problem about a year ago with this site and others. My browser would load part of a page and show the working icon and hang up at times, it was so bad I felt like I was on dial up again. I run firefox and downloaded a free ad blocker for it and haven't had an issue since.

Site is still loading real slow,the carousel goes all the way around plus 2 extra pics.
Richie

I'm experiencing this to. However on the bright side I can now use the recent link and the home link without getting logged out. Thank you Jeff. Life is so much better....

Chris

Found another glitch! When scrolling up on a page it bounces all the way down
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky