• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Forums Lagging...Never Fully Loading... Can't Open Other Tabs

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
It's getting very frustrating and I'm about to give up... When I open the web site it takes FOREVER to load.. first the main site comes up... and then a minute or two later the ads finally come up... the little deal in the tab showing that it's loading NEVER stops going around in circles.. so never fully loading... I can't open any other websites on another tab or the same tab for that matter... If I surf without SMF open I have no problems with other sites and numerous tabs... This is telling me that SMF is clogging up my connection ... Anybody else have problems similar ??

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I've seen it on my PC,but I don't hang out as much as before,
Richie

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
Not having any problems,you using a phone?
No.. using brand new laptop (2 months old) ... just took over 5 minutes for the site to load and let me reply... If I try to click on a thread before it finishes loading it will disconnect from the internet after a couple of minutes...

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
No.. using brand new laptop (2 months old) ... just took over 5 minutes for the site to load and let me reply... If I try to click on a thread before it finishes loading it will disconnect from the internet after a couple of minutes...
I'm sure Admin will hit you up in a few....

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
No issues here but I have adds turned off.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
It's getting very frustrating and I'm about to give up... When I open the web site it takes FOREVER to load.. first the main site comes up... and then a minute or two later the ads finally come up... the little deal in the tab showing that it's loading NEVER stops going around in circles.. so never fully loading... I can't open any other websites on another tab or the same tab for that matter... If I surf without SMF open I have no problems with other sites and numerous tabs... This is telling me that SMF is clogging up my connection ... Anybody else have problems similar ??
Can you tell me if this just started today or if it's been ongoing?

So far, I am not able to reproduce this on my end but I am very interested in anyone else experiencing this as well.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
Running FireFox on a 4-yr old Asus Notebook...works fine for me. I upgraded to Win-10 from Win-8 early last summer (only because MS won't support Win-8 anymore), but I still do not use MS Browsers. They're good for a one-time use...to download an open-source browser...one that works.

idahopz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 9, 2015
For anyone with a poor Internet connection like me, the Opera browser in turbo mode is much faster than FF, Chrome, Edge, and IE. I have experimented with all of them. Opera even offers free VPN.

This site is really fast for me, even with my bad connection.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I've had the same trouble . Before and now . After I bought the premier membership and turned off the adds it got better . Not to bad on my laptop or pc , but the tablet is bad . I read one thread then puke ,,, I can open another site no problem . i see in my browser that " add ons have been blocked " Not sure why things I don't want are trying to load ,,,

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
Jeff.. it's been ongoing for a couple of weeks now... I'm on Win. 10 and Chrome... just used Edge to see if there is any difference and for the moment it is ok... It does have Adobe Flash blocked.. don't know if that has anything to do with it...

Idahopz.. never heard of Opera before...

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
ok... so this is what I have done... I updated Chrome and cleared all browsing history and cache... and for the time being it seems better now.. I will post here again if things go bad again...

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
ok... so this is what I have done... I updated Chrome and cleared all browsing history and cache... and for the time being it seems better now.. I will post here again if things go bad again...
Glad to hear it's doing better.. let me know if you have further issues with this.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Hey Keith,
If you get the premier membership you can turn off all the ads.
I think that will speed things up.
Al

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
OK.. so that didn't last long... back to doing the same thing again .. It only happens with this web site... I can browse other sites all day long.. no problem...come to SMF and the trouble begins... maybe inquire about Chrome browser issues ?? I don't know... very frustrating though I do know that...

BigRedSmokin

Joined Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like an ad issue to me. I ran into the same problem about a year ago with this site and others. My browser would load part of a page and show the working icon and hang up at times, it was so bad I felt like I was on dial up again. I run firefox and downloaded a free ad blocker for it and haven't had an issue since.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Site is still loading real slow,the carousel goes all the way around plus 2 extra pics.
Richie

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
I'm experiencing this to. However on the bright side I can now use the recent link and the home link without getting logged out. Thank you Jeff. Life is so much better....

Chris

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Found another glitch! When scrolling up on a page it bounces all the way down
Richie

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.