Forums Lagging...Never Fully Loading... Can't Open Other Tabs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds like an ad issue to me. I ran into the same problem about a year ago with this site and others. My browser would load part of a page and show the working icon and hang up at times, it was so bad I felt like I was on dial up again. I run firefox and downloaded a free ad blocker for it and haven't had an issue since.

So where do I find the add blocker. Not only on this site but everything I try to do the adds keep popping up.
Thanks for any help.

Warren

My blue loading bar at top goes 80% full or more and then slows to a stop almost on SOME threads. May be due to pictures...on a good note: I only get a couple ads on the main forum menu or at the bottom of say, that members area. No pop ups or advertising in the threads like this one

So where do I find the add blocker. Not only on this site but everything I try to do the adds keep popping up.
Thanks for any help.

I'm using an addon for firefox called Ublock. It's free on their website at ublock.org. Looks like it works on chrome and safari browsers to. When you hit the download button it will ask for the browser you want it for.

Thanks CM hope it works. We now have tella marketers doing what they call cloning numbers I receive calls from my own number. The real pita there is people call me and say did you just call me and no I did not sorry. I bought a new phone system for my house about a year and half ago that has caller block on it and I have almost 300 blocked umbers now listed on the phone. Man just crazy and Fed. no caller list is a joke.

Again Thanks
Warren

Thanks CM hope it works. We now have tella marketers doing what they call cloning numbers I receive calls from my own number. The real pita there is people call me and say did you just call me and no I did not sorry. I bought a new phone system for my house about a year and half ago that has caller block on it and I have almost 300 blocked umbers now listed on the phone. Man just crazy and Fed. no caller list is a joke.

Again Thanks
Warren

Warren if they continue to persist just use the call forward feature and have all the blocked numbers automatically forwarded to your attorney general's phone number. Or to someone you really dislike.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky