1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Forum Maintenance Today (Wednesday) - 10:30 AM CST

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by TulsaJeff, Aug 21, 2018.

1. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff Smoke Whisperer Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They'll be doing some maintenance on the forum today (Wednesday, August 22nd) at around 10:30 AM CST. We will experience an outage for 15-20 minutes.

I would refrain from posting anything really important or life changing until after that.

What do you say we call it nap time:)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Ishi likes this.
  2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That is great to hear, I sure hope they have a fix for the pages double loading. They worked fine for a few days then a couple of days ago, they are back to the double loading thing again.
    Al

3. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff Smoke Whisperer Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I am not sure if they are aware of this or not… I know I wasn’t.

If that doesn’t get fixed during this maintenance, we will definitely address it again.

4. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nap time is good time.... OK....

5. TulsaJeff

Bump

6. TulsaJeff

Bump

7. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks Jeff!
    Al

8. hellasteph

hellasteph Meat Popsicle Staff Member Administrator

Hey @SmokinAl, I remembered when this was reported. Could you try out the site when you get the chance? We'd still like to see if this problem persists.

FYI, the site loads super fast for me now. Can you let me know if this is the same for you?

9. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Guys & Gals Sorry to say but the Nap Time has taken out most of my older post!!
    Don't think I can handle any more..
    Richie

10. hellasteph

Hi Richie, I'm sorry to hear that. Can you let me know what posts are missing? We'd like to help restore it to you ASAP.

Thank you!

11. I'm still having the same problem, as described by Al and others https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pages-reloading-twice-very-slow.275863/page-4#post-1841969

12. tropics

My Book marks were up dated after the upgrade.
    Here is what I get when I click on a link
    SMF 1.jpg

13. tropics

That is the same message on all my older post
    Yours showed up & the double loading seem to be gone
    Richie

hellasteph likes this.
  14. hellasteph

15. hellasteph

Thank you for letting me know, Richie. We'll continue to monitor the site for issues. Again, thank you for your patience and for letting us improve SMF!

16. Bearcarver

Bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I redid all of my Step by Steps after the new forum upgrade.
    Now just starting today, I have people telling me they don't work, so I checked a couple and they worked.
    Then another one said they don't work, so I checked again.
    It seems more of my Step by Steps don't work than work.
    I click on some of them & get directed to an Error Page.
    My Step by Step Index is below:

Bear

17. tropics

victim # 2 welcome aboard