Pages reloading twice & very slow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok now I'm using Microsoft Edge as the browser & it's still doing the same thing.
So I have a desktop with Windows 10, and tried Chrome, Firefox, & Edge with the same result.
Actually Chrome loads faster than the other two, but they all load up, then go blank, then reload.
When I post this it will post right away, but when I hit the back button to take me back to the recents it double loads then.
Al

Ok good news, locations are now back to being listed under the users avatar.

Chris

Yep, just got those turned back on. Looks like during the update, locations under profile pictures got turned off somehow.

That is good news, it's hard to help someone without knowing the climate they live in.
Al

I wish I could help more. The most I can do is give a good description for the programmer. My programmer thinks that speculating without him being able to see the code would not be very helpful for you, and he thinks the problem is something the programmer will have to find in the code. Perhaps, by temporarily eliminating parts of the code and testing the result, the programmer can isolate the cause.

I don't have the problem on the PC's Windows 7 and chrome .
Galaxy Tab A . Different story . Blank page , loads , then re loads .

We have people with ads and those without ads, both having this issue. Which, to me, probably means it's not ad related.

Strange..

Anyone on a Mac or iPhone having this issue?

No problems with my MacBook Pro, with Safari.

Bear

The locations being back is great. Thanks! How about the post count?

I'm running Windows 10 and Firefox on a PC laptop. I'll try it with my Windows tablet later. If I can, I'll try it with my phone (Android) and my wife's Apple phone and tablet, too.

The locations being back is great. Thanks! How about the post count?

I'm running Windows 10 and Firefox on a PC laptop. I'll try it with my Windows tablet later. If I can, I'll try it with my phone (Android) and my wife's Apple phone and tablet, too.

Click on your Avatar. "Messages" is your Post Count.

Bear

Click on your Avatar. "Messages" is your Post Count.

Bear

Thanks, Bear but it seems silly to have to leave one page, load another page and go back to the first page to see info that was right on the original post before.

It is especially a PITA change for those of us stuck paying for data overages by the GB due to living in rural areas and having very limited choices for anything remotely like high speed internet connections.

Thanks, Bear but it seems silly to have to leave one page, load another page and go back to the first page to see info that was right on the original post before.

It is especially a PITA change for those of us stuck paying for data overages by the GB due to living in rural areas and having very limited choices for anything remotely like high speed internet connections.

Yup---You're right. Sorry about that---I didn't know you knew how to see it.
At least we got the Location Back again, like you said.

Bear

I will get those post counts added back on. I had forgotten those were also showing up under the users image.

These are not things that the software defaults to so I have to go in and finagle with the code to make it happen and sometimes things revert back during an update and have to be redone.

I will get those post counts added back on. I had forgotten those were also showing up under the users image.

These are not things that the software defaults to so I have to go in and finagle with the code to make it happen and sometimes things revert back during an update and have to be redone.

You're doing Great Jeff!!!

Now if we could just get people to insert where they're from, so we can look it up to find their Altitude when we need to know.

Bear

You're doing Great Jeff!!!

Now if we could just get people to insert where they're from, so we can look it up to find their Altitude when we need to know.

Bear

Thanks, Jeff

I have been a member of sites that required a general profile location to be filled in in order to register and of sites that had a default so that your first post had to be in the new member introduction page. And I have been on sites that required all members to agree with significant new rule and policy changes before being able to make new posts.

I don't know if the software would support such changes but it might be worth exploring.

Some other possible changes might be:

Requiring a member's first post to be a new member introduction and that the title include at least a general location in the first post (IE :"New BBQ guy in NW NC" etc.)

Locking the ability to make new posts until a profile location is added. This could be done for new members and done so as to require existing members to add a profile location before making new posts.

My last thought off the top of my head would require a classified or trade ad title to include a location sufficient for readers to know whether it is worth their time to open the post. And require a price in the first line so that the preview lets one know if the post is worth opening.

Thanks for all you do.

Oh, and make the screen name read the way we registered them. I registered as LanceR, not lancer. It makes a difference in what people think my actual name is......

I'm not having problems, but after reading a post I'll just click the "back" button in the browser to go back to the same spot in the list of posts I was browsing. I'm using Opera browser because it is the fastest with my slow Internet connection. This works even when I post a reply.

Not sure this is in the right place but my problem is emails and alerts keep repeating some as much as a week old anybody else having this problem??

Warren

Oh, and make the screen name read the way we registered them. I registered as LanceR, not lancer. It makes a difference in what people think my actual name is......

I have corrected this for you.. the new system imported all usernames in as lowercase text and apparently it would not do so otherwise.

I am happy to correct usernames as I have time and just ask that others send them to me via the contact link at the bottom of the forum or via a conversation so they can be more easily tracked.

Thanks!

Windows 10 on laptop and desktop with Chrome
Android 7.0 Samsung S6
This is the only site I experience the above reloading symptoms.

Thanks for working on this Jeff

Just a page load in Chrome is bloody with JavaScript errors. I suspect this Object not found error is causing some headache...

SMF_ChromeErrorCapture.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky