Fermented Habanero Sauce Finished

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Picked 6 Habs off my plant
100_0142.JPG
Bought 6 Red Bell Peppers that was 2 much for the 2 quart jars
I chop all the ingredients pretty small to fill the jars
These will sit for 2 months or more
100_0143.JPG
Richie
Ingredients for 2 Quarts
6 Habs
4 Red Bell
6 Garlic toes
4 Tomatillo
1 Med Red Onion

3% Brine
2 C Distilled Water
2 T Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp citric acid

The ferment liquid was nice an clear
Tasted real good Fruity
100_0143.JPG
This was till perking pretty good I cleaned the
air lock and refilled it in 10 min. the liquid was
all the way to the top
100_0363.JPG
That was all the pics till I bottled it
100_0364.JPG
This stuff taste great
Richie

Attachments

• 100_0362.JPG
    100_0362.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the end results Richie.

Point for sure
Chris

Chris thanks for the like
It will be a long wait it is perking nicely already

Following this Richie. Do you think if they were vacuum sealed in mason jars it would go faster or would it actually inhibit the fermentation?

Looks good! Like.
tropics, I never fermented this kind of stuff.. Could you share what conditions should be used for fermenting? Thank you.

I put them in my basement it is around 70°F when it gets colder the fermentation will slow down,if it was to get hotter it would speed up.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

There's just something not right about this. Eat too much and it's sweaty drunk time.

This will be great on every thing just wish I had more Peppers Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Your boutled souse looks beautiful and profesional. Nicely done! I was always curious where (or how) your guys get your personal labels? I googled it but never was able to find the answer...

Your boutled souse looks beautiful and profesional. Nicely done! I was always curious where (or how) your guys get your personal labels? I googled it but never was able to find the answer...
Thank you My sons friend is a graphics artist.
Richie

looks delicous, on a scale 1-10 how hot would you say it is,

Hard to really say maybe a 4 starts off sweet fruity then the heat gets your attention.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky