hABSOLUTELY HABANERO Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I transplanted mine in the spring they had tons of tiny peppers but most if not all fell off. I added a heat cloth over top and starting to see new tiny peppers starting but I'm afraid where I live there will not be enough good weather for them to produce anything I can use.
Guess there is always next year to try again.

Something is chewing on my scorpions. Not to touching the habs or ghost. Pissing Me off and can't figure out what it is.
Your sauces truly inspire me with the presentation and mix of flavors. As for something eating your peppers, down in south Louisiana, I have found it to be the damn stink bugs. Green ones and black ones make my ghost and jalapeno peppers a restaurant. I purchased 7 dust from Lowes (was always my grandfather and dad's go to) this really seemed to keep them away. Read the back for recommendations, they have a time period as the vegetable matures to Not apply. I usually cast some as soon as I see the pepper forming from the flower and it has cut down significantly on "stink bug" scared peppers.

Your sauces truly inspire me with the presentation and mix of flavors. As for something eating your peppers, down in south Louisiana, I have found it to be the damn stink bugs. Green ones and black ones make my ghost and jalapeno peppers a restaurant. I purchased 7 dust from Lowes (was always my grandfather and dad's go to) this really seemed to keep them away. Read the back for recommendations, they have a time period as the vegetable matures to Not apply. I usually cast some as soon as I see the pepper forming from the flower and it has cut down significantly on "stink bug" scared peppers.
Thanks for the kind words! I think I'm going to try some Sevin. My peppers are a least a week and more likely two weeks or more from ripening.

When I transplanted mine in the spring they had tons of tiny peppers but most if not all fell off. I added a heat cloth over top and starting to see new tiny peppers starting but I'm afraid where I live there will not be enough good weather for them to produce anything I can use.
Guess there is always next year to try again.
How big were they when you transplanted? I think your growing zone is pretty comparablecto mine in NE Ohio? I bought small plants that I put in the beds and pots end of October. Between the soil mix I bought and the Fox Farms trio of fertilizers they went bananas. Many are close to 3 foot tall and really bushy.

The plants were about 2 1\2 feet tall and had little pea size peppers shown in the picture before transplanting them. Right now its back to about the same size of small peppers.
20230526_135838.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky