Father's Day smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunzby

Original poster
Jul 19, 2015
I haven't smoked anything in quite some time. Work has taken over for the last year, but with Fathers Day upon us I never miss smoking ribs for my dad.

This year I went a little different with the rub. I stuck with the brown sugar base and added onion powder and garlic powder along with my norm of chipotle chili powder, chili powder, paprika and ground mustard. I also salt and pepper the ribs before the rub, but this time I also added orange zest.

After a 3 hour smoke I usually brush honey on them, spray with butter, foil and back in for two hours. This time I wanted to use agave nectar, but I made the mistake of buying an agave stevia blend which is horrific. Back to the store for honey for me.

Of course after the smoke and foil they go into the fridge. Some may scoff at this, but I do this because they are falling off the bone now. The fridge stiffens them up because I always finish on a grill.

Here's the pics so far. I'll post the finish tomorrow.

Sometimes I put the cooked ribs in refrigerator then slice them and put on hot grill. The Mrs likes fall off the bone, only way I can slice them. Also a great way to do ribs if bringing to a party.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky