Game Day Smoked Carnitas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
Been a bit since I posted a cook. Been smoking a lot but have been lazy with the pics. Smoking a 7lb pork shoulder today for Carnitas! A favorite of mine and the family and friends for sure!! Perfect for a day of watching football! Tacos going down later!

Seasoned up with a blend of cumin, smoked paprika, Mexican oregano, salt and pepper chipotle chili powder onion and garlic powder. Will check back in later. Last shot is fours hours in and temping at 149. Bark is looking good!

IMG_5323.jpeg
IMG_5324.jpeg
IMG_5325.jpeg

I feel for you Jim, have lots of friends and family around the country who are dealing with that blast of cold weather that's been raging for a while!

Reactions: JLeonard
Man those pics look good. That last picture makes me miss Oahu! We lived on Fort Shafter while stationed there and so thankful we were able to. Weather is damn near perfect every day, kids got to experience some of the nicest beaches in the world. Now that I’m thinking about it, my son wasn’t born yet while we were there maybe we need to get stationed there again 😂

Reactions: Redicans
Thanks Upnorth! Yeah not a bad place to live fore sure!

Thanks Ryan! That sounds like a long time ago! A trip back would be good, Haha!!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thanks Guys!! Appreciate it!! Must say I am in a total food coma after all the tacos I ate! Hahaha! It was a great day and all guests were sent home with more then enough for tacos for their families. Really which is why I love to cook! I love people just being so happy after a good Meal!!

Reactions: JLeonard
Man that pic of the whole butt and the color is a thing of beauty. Love the spices you used including the Mexican oregano. I'd certainly love some of those tacos. I'm long overdue for some Mexican fare.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky