Must have spices for your BBQ Cupboard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Someone else mentioned sumac. Never heard of it as a spice....it is sort of an invasive bush around here with some poisonous.
Not to sound like a smarty pants.... Which I'm not... I'm your garden variety bumbkin.... But there are 35ish different kinds of sumac.... The one you are talking about is likely the one similar to poison ivy and poison oak... The one we are talking about is a middle eastern spice.

Just as clarification.

Brad

Reactions: Fueling Around
Not to sound like a smarty pants.... Which I'm not... I'm your garden variety bumbkin.... But there are 35ish different kinds of sumac.... The one you are talking about is likely the one similar to poison ivy and poison oak... The one we are talking about is a middle eastern spice.

Just as clarification.

Brad
Thank you for the link.
There is a shrubby tree about 2 blocks from my MN home that I now know is Staghorn Sumac!

Reactions: Schwarzwald Metzger
I didn't see it, and I'm not sure it qualifies as a spice. I keep a can of Tony'Cs in the spice cupboard.

Chris

Reactions: texomakid
Just the basics & I'm trying to work my way through all the commercial rubs available. So may rubs, so little time....

I don't buy anything in large containers except Course Kosher salt. Try to keep everything as fresh as possible.

Just the basics & I'm trying to work my way through all the commercial rubs available. So may rubs, so little time....

I don't buy anything in large containers except Course Kosher salt. Try to keep everything as fresh as possible.
I guess that's where I differ. I buy in large containers and create my own rubs and sauces.....that takes a lot of ingredients.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky