Father's Day Plans?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
Any of you have something special in mind for this years Father's Day the weekend after next? I am thinking that I may actually take my Dad out to lunch someplace. He doesn't get to eat out very often these days so it would be a treat. Just not sure yet. Thanks for sharing in advance.

George

I just let my dad decide; depending on weather we normally do steaks, but he might decide he wants to go to a local Italian place.

It's pops day so let it be pops day and his choice. Me my dads been gone now 46 yrs. I'm just days from 75 (6/25)
so not sure what I'm going to do just yet and I know some of the kids will come by looking for something either smoked or grilled. Last year I did a whole sirloin tip over an open pit wood fire.

What ever you do spent a great day with your dad.

Warren

My dad past back in 90, and I have to work so the kiddo's get off easy.

Chris

My dad loves cooking for the family so I am buying him a Maverick ET-732 thermometer, a brisket and a case of beer and telling him that the only thing his day will consist of is drinking beer and making the family a brisket!

My Pop died when I was just 20 years old, so I celebrate his birthday & Fathers Day too. I have his gold pocket watch that sits on my desk & wind it everyday. It's probably close to 100 years old, but it still keeps perfect time. Sure miss the old guy, he was one of the nicest men I have ever encountered in my 72 years on this planet!
Al

Lost my Dad in 1994, so I'm the Dad around here since.
Don't know what's going on, but I usually get my pick---Ribeyes or Lobster Tails on his Big Green Egg???
Got 9 days to go yet for my Invite.

Bear

Miss Amy will probably make me her world famous Alfredo (what that woman can do with sauces...) and my girls will yell at me for lifting a finger, so I’ll probably just chill. My dad retired in Washington St. so I’ll give him a call. I haven’t seen him since I was 16 but we have a good long distance relationship and usually talk on Father’s Day and the Marine Corps Birthday. Hope everyone has a great Father’s Day weekend.

Lance

It's pops day so let it be pops day and his choice. Me my dads been gone now 46 yrs. I'm just days from 75 (6/25)
so not sure what I'm going to do just yet and I know some of the kids will come by looking for something either smoked or grilled. Last year I did a whole sirloin tip over an open pit wood fire.

Warren

Yankee2bbq Thanks for the like.

Warren

My father died last year and I have no children. I will try to tune out father's day.

Instead of having a sad day adopt someone there are nursing homes and veteran homes with many people that would like some attention. It could be as simple and visiting and spending some time talking with someone. May even be a neighbor down the street.

Warren

My father died last year and I have no children. I will try to tune out father's day.
Hopefully you can find a good memory that will get you through the day. My parents both died young and now I sit around and chuckle to myself about the good times we shared. Sometimes I cry because I miss them and that’s ok to. Anyways, it gets easier with time. Not sure why I chimed in here but it seemed my duty as a Christian to say something to you. Celebrate the day by smoking something he would have liked. Have a blessed day

I consider my self blessed in that I have my parents who raised me, and parents of a friend who consider me their son. I never lack for some one to talk to. <Though trust me, one set of parents grew up partying and basically hippies and I question the advice at times>. It's never to late to adopt some one who is like a father or mother to you, and they may need a child to spend time with it as it were.

Halfsmoked your suggestion is amazing and I hope people who may have lost parents or live across the country etc from them consider doing it!

Warren

I consider my self blessed in that I have my parents who raised me, and parents of a friend who consider me their son. I never lack for some one to talk to. <Though trust me, one set of parents grew up partying and basically hippies and I question the advice at times>. It's never to late to adopt some one who is like a father or mother to you, and they may need a child to spend time with it as it were.

Halfsmoked your suggestion is amazing and I hope people who may have lost parents or live across the country etc from them consider doing it!

TomKnollRFV Thanks for the like it is greatly appreciated.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky